Worst animated film you've seen?

Re: Worst animated film you've seen?

Postby Gemini » September 30th, 2016, 11:30 pm

[quote="Sarger"]Does Dalmations 2 count? It's one of those awful game things where they just had a 'film' and slapped a bunch of puzzle minigames ontop of it. Turns out I had a copy. Watched it yesterday and it was AWFUL.[/quote]

I've only ever seen one of those all the way through but I made sure to mention anything by Dingo Pictures in my first post since those "films" are all infamously awful. :chuckle:

[quote="FireAndSun"]I somehow managed to get through this whole monstrosity. My eyes were bleeding the whole time, and my brain felt like mush, but I did it. I can now officially say Foodfight is the worst movie, animated or no, I've ever seen. Kill me.[/quote]

You actually did it!! :cheese: Congrats!

A beautiful thing, that movie is.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Re: Worst animated film you've seen?

Postby Squeely » October 2nd, 2016, 6:16 am

[quote="GeminiGemelo"]
I've only ever seen one of those all the way through but I made sure to mention anything by Dingo Pictures in my first post since those "films" are all infamously awful. :chuckle:[/quote]
I had to.

Anywho, I've seen my share of stinkers. Around the time when they were released, I rented Mulan II, Pocahontas II, and Little Mermaid II were rentals. Pretty glad I didn't buy them as there were things in them I really didn't like. I've since watched CodedLockFilms' reviews of them to refresh my memory, and they're as lackluster as I remember. Pocahontas 2 fails to impress from visual and storytelling standpoints (though I guess the animation's still somewhat nice for low budget?) and while I get that it tried to stay closer to actual history, that's one aspect I didn't like about it. You're really rooting for Poca and Smith in the first film, so throwing in another guy for Poca to fall for while Smith is still alive and well felt like a slap in the face. Mulan II suddenly makes Mulan against arranged marriages and suddenly makes Mushu a selfish jerk, which contradicts their characters from the first film. Little Mermaid II felt like too much of a rehash and the songs stuck out to me as particularly bad.

A Troll in Central Park and Thumbelina are low-point Don Bluth films I owned as a kid. I'd probably rank them above the aforementioned Disney sequels for their beautiful animation, but they're still bad films. Troll had a very interesting setup that could have made for a dark fantasy piece if done right, but it squanders the momentum it builds early on by having the good troll (can't be fussed to remember his name) spend the bulk of the film hanging out with unlikable kids, and just doing... pretty stuff? It's nothing but fluff once you get past the opening.

I recently re-purchased and re-watched Thumbelina, and to me, it's a so-bad-it's-good guilty pleasure. Gilbert Gottfried is in it, which was a fact I had forgotten. Since there had been so many less-than-stellar songs up to that point, I wished for Gilbert to get a song, and he did. It was beautiful. "Marry the Mole" needs no introduction since it's one of the only animated songs to win a Razzie. People like to poke fun at Disney movies for having unrealistically quick romances, but by god... Thumbelina and Cornelius knew each other for like a minute before the latter was all "zomg I love you". Thumbelina herself is a weak character to the point of inconsistency. She doesn't want to do what the other characters want her to do, yet she goes along with it and dances to portions of their songs. The villain is... a creepy frog. He wants to marry Thumbelina but never really succeeds in his attempts to kidnap her. Incredibly weak. Jacquimo is supposed to be a good guy, but even as the only guy bar Cornelius who doesn't try to assault Thumbelina, he's problematic. He's a bird, so the obvious solution to Thumbelina being lost is for him to fly her back home. But this is a poorly-written film so of course he never does. Of course his wing is incapacitated by a thorn after he's had a few chances to fly her. Of course he flies her someplace else after his wing is healed enough, ruling out the possibility of her weighing the unladen swallow down too much for him to carry. And that place happens to be the Veil of the Fairies, which Thumbelina protests traveling to, and of course he forces her to anyway. The only likable character in the film is Thumbelina's mom. She gets the better songs, and I felt bad for the poor lonely woman when the child she had wished for had gone missing. Naturally, we get no heartfelt reunion between her and Thumb at the end. Only split seconds of Mom being at Thumb's wedding. I feel like there's a good movie in here somewhere, but boy, did things go so very wrong for this film.

This post is overly-long already, so I'll cap it off by saying I've seen enough of Foodfight through long, clip-laden reviews to earn it the #1 spot of worst animated film. The only thing I can add here is that it pains me, as one of the world's only Energizer Bunny fans, to see him in this.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Previous

Return to The Den