Are there any multilingual voice actors?

Are there any multilingual voice actors?

Postby moonsugar33 » June 15th, 2016, 11:44 am

I was thinking about different language versions of cartoons, and how different countries have different voice actors (with varying success, some takes on characters are perfect if not even better and some are just bizarre!) Does anyone know of any cases where the original VA speaks both languages, and can do both versions?
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Re: Are there any multilingual voice actors?

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 15th, 2016, 1:43 pm

I don't know if this is exactly what you're asking for, but I think Antonio Banderas did the voice of Puss in Boots in both the English and Spanish versions of Puss in Boots. I don't know if the same is true for the Spanish editions of Shrek though.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia it is, and in fact he also voices Puss in Boots in the Italian versions as well, which is pretty cool if it's true. :)
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Sigurd » June 16th, 2016, 12:11 am

Sissel Kyrkjebø voiced Ariel in the Swedish, Norwegian and Danish versions of The Little Mermaid.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby moonsugar33 » June 16th, 2016, 4:23 am

That's exactly what I was asking for! Wow, I'll have to check some of this out.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Return to The Den