A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix

A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix

Postby moonsugar33 » November 25th, 2016, 1:03 am

Here's the trailer! Are you excited?

moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix

Postby Elton John » November 25th, 2016, 1:18 am

Looks better than the jim carrey movie.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby moonsugar33 » November 27th, 2016, 2:21 pm

Honestly, I thought the Jim Carrey movie was great! All of it except... the actual story. Nah, they had the perfect cast, the perfect set, the perfect aesthetics... they just messed it up by blindly cramming so much into one, contrived, dumbed-down movie. It would have been spot on if not for that.

Here, it looks like they've gotten everything lined up in terms of story, and appropriate length- the cast is different but I'm sure I'll love them in no time, the set looks fascinatingly saccharine in places, I'm looking forward to how they'll be free to play off all the little quirks of the books- it feels like they might be able to finally put that movie to rest and do the series the justice that it deserved in the first place.

I worry a little that it might be too "funny"- others have pointed out elsewhere, and I agreed, how out-of-place the Internet hourglass gag was- given that in the first book, they mention horse-and-carriages- that and they could totally get carried away with the "secret organisation" thing. It'll be disappointing if it turns out to be riddled with flaws. But I trust Netflix!
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Carl » December 4th, 2016, 2:27 am

It looks like it will be entertaining, that's for sure. I might have to give this series a watch when it comes out.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Return to The Den