What movies have you watched recently?

Re: What movies have you watched recently?

Postby Carl » January 15th, 2017, 10:50 pm

A few days ago I gave a movie called Blood Mania (1970) a watch. It was in a collection of horror movies, but I can't for the life of me figure out why? It was more of a crime movie than a horror movie, though it took its sweet time working up to that. I'm still unsure as to whether or not I liked the movie; it was decent, but it really left a lot to be desired, although that may have just been because I went into it expecting it to at least try to be suspenseful or scary and was left supremely underwhelmed and consequently got rather bored after a point. I mean, I don't regret watching it, but I doubt I'll ever watch it again.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Ultra Fox » January 21st, 2017, 6:31 am

Summer Wars
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Squeely » January 23rd, 2017, 10:00 am

Tarzan 2 - Finally got around to watching this after the NC's praise of it piqued my interest. It's quite cute, and has the action and adventure a Tarzan film should have. It's on something of a smaller scale due to Tarzan being a kid and a small budget, but still. Not amazing, but not that bad, either.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Kiana » January 23rd, 2017, 8:42 pm

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I thought it was an amazing movie, very exciting to see the Harry Potter universe being expanded and it has a more mature theme just in overall plot instead of it being for kids. I cannot wait for its release on Blu-Ray, I'm totally gonna see if I can get a DVD player that supports it haha.

-----------------------

Theory of Everything My friend begged me to watch this with her (She LOVES Eddie Redmayne, but so do I) but yeah we stopped halfway through due to the fact my little heart couldn't take it :shattered:

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby The Spirit of Life » January 29th, 2017, 3:54 am

^ I'm rewatching Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them right now. Such a great film :D
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Postby Panpardus » January 30th, 2017, 7:47 am

Denzel Washington's production of August Wilson's Fences. Very well-done film based on a very well-written play, and in a way both extremely sobering and cathartic. I'd need to write an actual book to describe it adequately, and even then I don't have all the experience and historical knowledge needed to describe it well; it's both a piece of high art and extremely grounded, grand yet subtle at the same time.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Soren » January 31st, 2017, 3:45 am

Storks

I thought it was... meh. Okay. Not that great. It was a little bit crazy at times, and I honestly thought it was kind of cheesy. I didn't really care for it. My favorite part was when the song by Talking Heads came on. I really like that band, and that song. I also did not get why they were showing babies and humans with naturally pink, blue, green, and purple hair... I thought it was just sort of a weird movie that was not really worth my time.
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

Postby Squeely » January 31st, 2017, 4:02 pm

[quote="Soren"]My favorite part was when the song by Talking Heads came on. I really like that band, and that song.[/quote]
That's one of my partner's favorite bands! :highfive:

I recently watched The Company of Wolves. The effects were good, the gothic setting nice, and Angela Landsbury speaks for herself. But the story was weird - this teenage girl dreams the whole thing; we see her in a modern setting only at the beginning and the very end of the film. I didn't understand why the modern setting needed to be there at all; it would have worked well to just set it in old times the whole way through. I thought she would wake up a few times throughout the film, and we'd get some sort of connection to the modern portion, but, no. She wakes up at the end with her family gone and wolves entering her house... So were the werewolf legends from her dream real, or is it a dream-within-a-dream? It just felt confusing. I also felt somewhat bored through stretches of the film. It seemed to take a little too long for the action to pick up. All in all, I'd say it was pretty meh with some high points.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Carambulesco » January 31st, 2017, 10:55 pm

The Ridiculous 6 is the funniest movie I ever seen.

Into the Wild is a deep, pensative and shocking movie.
Based and true facts, about a man that throws everything and go to the wild nature to have a lone, calm, and mainly a true happy life.
The finale is... Oh... :cry:
"There comes a certain time in life that you have to listen to your heart to take the path of happiness or satisfaction. I'm trying to find my destiny, and all I've found is adventure and Nature. But I'll keep looking for clearer answers.
The more I move away from humanity, the more human I feel."
:happyjasiri:
Carambulesco
Simba X Sodona

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nature is my home, with the Circle of Life

Telegram: @99999999fff
Pride Points: 2

Postby mamaprince » February 2nd, 2017, 7:32 pm

Balto, Balto ll: Wolf Quest, and Balto lll: Wings Of Change. So glad that they have all three films on Netflix now. :D Hoping that enough interest will spawn a blu ray release of at least the first film on blu ray. ^^
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

PreviousNext

Return to The Den