your fav national anthem?

your fav national anthem?

Postby it means no worries » January 2nd, 2015, 11:00 pm

What are you fav national anthem(s) and why? Mine is the South African anthem, the music is well timed with the lyrics and the lyrics themselves are heartfelt and meaningful, this originally a hymn from the black people in south Africa who suffered the persecution. Here is my favourate example of the anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdG7pEgzV5Q
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Re: your fav national anthem?

Postby Marizzle » January 2nd, 2015, 11:02 pm

Excluding my own (Portuguese), which I love very much, my favourite is probably the Spanish anthem. I like the song's rhythm, it's somewhat different.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby SlayerOfLight » March 17th, 2015, 12:24 pm

The New Zealand national athem because it's about the people rather then all about the queen only like the British athem.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Sigurd » May 20th, 2015, 4:05 am

I like the old the East German anthem the most, because it's a very powerful anthem. I don't so much about the political meaning of the song.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby juhouh » August 4th, 2015, 10:18 pm

I haven't heard many anthems but all I've heard I have to say these

Biafra, Mongolia and Karelo-Finnish SSR
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Return to The Den