Owl City

Owl City

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » December 5th, 2015, 4:25 am

Has anyone here heard of the band Owl City (Adam Young?) if the name Owl city rings a bell but you just can't remember, he is the man who sung the popular song: Firflies.
He is such an amazing artist, he creates a lot of his songs with hidden Christian messages, and lovely meanings. His songs are all electronic, and so cool and unique. I was obscessed with him back a year ago, and I still listen to him (not as often) but one of his songs that I just heard made me almost cry thinking about how much closer I love him and want to see him in concert! My to ten songs of his (in no order) are:

Alligator sky
The real world
Thunderstruck
Dementia
Speed of love
Saltwater room
Can't live without you
Beautiful times
Wolf bite
This isn't the end
And so many more! If you listen to him, I'd love to hear your favourites of if you have ever seen him live in concert!
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Re: Owl City

Postby Ultra Fox » December 5th, 2015, 5:54 am

I think he's pretty good, but there are better electronic musicians out there.

Like Wolfgun, he may be 1/1000000000th as popular, but he's much, much more talented.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby FlipMode » January 23rd, 2016, 6:13 am

I haven't really liked anything post Ocean Eyes, but that was a lovely album. He's changed his style up a fair whack since then and it's not really for me :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » January 23rd, 2016, 7:05 pm

Yeah his "Mobile orchestra" album, he had a much deeper and less surreal voice, which is why I didn't like the album to much... I wish he would change his voice back... I do really like Midsummerstation and ultra violet, but my favourite album of his is definitely All things brings and beautiful.
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Postby FlipMode » January 23rd, 2016, 8:48 pm

[quote]but my favourite album of his is definitely All things brings and beautiful.[/quote]

Yeah I remember liking that one as well actually. That was around the time he started mixing up his music.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Return to The Den