Fave Bands, Singers, & Music?

Fave Bands, Singers, & Music?

Postby xoxo » January 4th, 2017, 8:51 pm

I like the music bands evanescence, we are the fallen, my chemical romance, disturbed, within temptation, avenged sevenfold, etc. Am i considered "emo" or goth?" What kinds of bands, si gers, & music do you enjoy listening to? :)
Last edited by xoxo on January 5th, 2017, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
xoxo
Live. . .Love. . .Laugh

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

LovableLioness08

Nickname(s): Holly Bear
Pride Points: 4

Re: Fave Bands, Singers, & Music?

Postby Si-Amber » January 4th, 2017, 9:19 pm

Psssst.... there's a sub-forum for Music in The Den. ;)
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby xoxo » January 5th, 2017, 3:23 am

[quote="Si-Amber"]Psssst.... there's a sub-forum for Music in The Den. ;)[/quote]

Oh My Gosh! I'm sorry. I'm still kinda new with this website & where everything goes where! I'll go to The Den for this topic right now! My apologizes. :(
xoxo
Live. . .Love. . .Laugh

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

LovableLioness08

Postby Carl » January 5th, 2017, 7:44 am

Moved to Music.

My favorite bands are Black Veil Brides and My Chemical Romance. I tend to heavily prefer emo/rock music, but I listen to a wide variety of music. I would definitely be considered "emo" and have been for years. My sister still uses the term to refer to me. But I think there's usually a little more to it than your taste in music alone, although that is a big factor in this.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 6th, 2017, 1:56 pm

As I'm a pure metalhead, among my favorite bands are:

Hammerfall
Amon Amarth
Equilibrium
Manowar
Heidevolk
Ensiferum
Rhapsody
Stratovarius
Wolfchant
In Extremo

And many more.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby xoxo » January 6th, 2017, 10:10 pm

[quote="Carl"]Moved to Music.

My favorite bands are Black Veil Brides and My Chemical Romance. I tend to heavily prefer emo/rock music, but I listen to a wide variety of music. I would definitely be considered "emo" and have been for years. My sister still uses the term to refer to me. But I think there's usually a little more to it than your taste in music alone, although that is a big factor in this.[/quote]

I'm emo myself. I don't hurt myself too bad, just hitting my head till i cry & mess up my toenails & fingers by picking them low or off. I can't stop doing that! Well, I don't do it much anymore ever since i take new medicine for it. But i did kinda harm myself that way, that was all i ever did. I'd beat my head with my fists till i cried for awhile. I feel like i'm going insane & feel like killing myself lately. I discussed this with my therapist. I can't remember what she said to me then in our session. I do remember her saying that i have "short-term memory loss." I believe her with that cause i forget important stuff. My mom noticed that too & freaked out! I haven't told anyone about me killing myself cause if they did find out about that they'd lock me in a mental hospital again! I told them that i refuse to go back there! I'll stay alive now. It's just very hard for me to deal with life's issues & my mental health issues all the time! I've been dealing with this since 2008! Day & Night 24/7!

Anyways, i heard that My Chemical Romance has a song or lyric called "Kill Your Friends." I've never heard of that or even knew about till awhile ago. Is that true?! :( :,( :dramaqueen: :upset2: :upset2: :cry2: :sowwy: :ziracry:
xoxo
Live. . .Love. . .Laugh

LovableLioness08

Postby Elton John » January 6th, 2017, 10:20 pm

Queen. Over all other bands. I would say The Beatles but their early stuff is eh, a lot of their later stuff I dig.

Also, Nightwish, chon, plini, and the trans siberian orchestra.

Fav singers include michael jackson, brian may, michael crawford, elton john, simon and garfunkel...

Lin manuel miranda is brilliant.

As far as film scores go, while an obvious choice...john williams no doubt.
Last edited by Elton John on January 6th, 2017, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Carl » January 6th, 2017, 10:38 pm

[quote="PrettyLittleKisses08"][quote="Carl"]Moved to Music.

My favorite bands are Black Veil Brides and My Chemical Romance. I tend to heavily prefer emo/rock music, but I listen to a wide variety of music. I would definitely be considered "emo" and have been for years. My sister still uses the term to refer to me. But I think there's usually a little more to it than your taste in music alone, although that is a big factor in this.[/quote]

I'm emo myself. I don't hurt myself too bad, just hitting my head till i cry & mess up my toenails & fingers by picking them low or off. I can't stop doing that! Well, I don't do it much anymore ever since i take new medicine for it. But i did kinda harm myself that way, that was all i ever did. I'd beat my head with my fists till i cried for awhile. I feel like i'm going insane & feel like killing myself lately. I discussed this with my therapist. I can't remember what she said to me then in our session. I do remember her saying that i have "short-term memory loss." I believe her with that cause i forget important stuff. My mom noticed that too & freaked out! I haven't told anyone about me killing myself cause if they did find out about that they'd lock me in a mental hospital again! I told them that i refuse to go back there! I'll stay alive now. It's just very hard for me to deal with life's issues & my mental health issues all the time! I've been dealing with this since 2008! Day & Night 24/7!

Anyways, i heard that My Chemical Romance has a song or lyric called "Kill Your Friends." I've never heard of that or even knew about till awhile ago. Is that true?! :( :,( :dramaqueen: :upset2: :upset2: :cry2: :sowwy: :ziracry:[/quote]
They do have a song called "Kill All Your Friends" but it isn't serious. And all those issues you talked about aren't really related to what music a person likes, so they kind of belong elsewhere than here. Being emo isn't synonymous with hurting oneself or anything like that.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby WildSimba » January 8th, 2017, 3:22 am

Modest Mouse, Nirvana, Interpol, MCR, My Morning Jacket, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Death, Slayer, Blind Guardian, Janis Joplin, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson, The Beatles, The Kinks, Black Flag, The Animals, DEVO, Wall of Voodoo, Duran Duran, Talking Heads, Rolling Stones, Derek & the Dominoes, Bob Dylan, Frank Ocean, Earl Sweatshit, Kendrick Lamar, Danny Brown, Madvillian, 2pac/Makaveli, The Notorious B.I.G, N.W.A, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Injury Reserve, J. Cole, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Buddy Holly, ex.

There's a lot more, that's just what I can think of at the top of my head.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Return to The Den