Pokémon Sun & Moon confirmed for 2016!

Re: Pokémon Sun & Moon confirmed for 2016!

Postby Carl » October 5th, 2016, 2:21 am

If the leaked final forms are legit, I'm gonna go with Popplio. I like Rowlet and its forms, and I like the Litten typing, but my sister is planning to use Rowlet and I'm not a fan of the Litten evolution. If I do end up getting both games, then I may make use of Pokémon Bank and get all 3, though. :P
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Squeely » October 5th, 2016, 2:48 am

Litten all the way for me! The wrestler thing is Sid to a tee, considering how often I've scrapped with him (of course I avoid actually damaging him when we wrestle. He has godlike strength and tends to leave me with really bad bruises, even through thick jeans). It's amazingly great how much Litten resembles Sid.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Carl » October 13th, 2016, 2:34 am

At this point, Litten has grown on me way too much for me to care about the final evos anymore. I also saw a leaked image of an Alolan Grimer today on YouTube. Dunno how I feel about that, but I am super hyped for these games and am definitely anticipating the demo that's coming out soon!
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Squeely » November 19th, 2016, 3:04 pm

Just got Pokemon Moon yesterday! I'm not very far because I always progress slowly. I talk to most NPCs, I take breaks from the game to look stuff up, etc.

Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed in Alola forms. Gamefreak only gave us 18 of them, and changed the original stats of the Pokemon very slightly. Which includes Raticate and Persian, who really, really needed a stat buff. It could have done what mega evolution did, breathing new life into old Pokemon. Instead it's just sorta... there...

I think I've decided on a solid team, though! Incineroar, Alola Raichu, Golisopod, Lycanroc Midnight, Shiinotic, Kommo-o. I may end up changing it should I feel the need to, but for now, this seems like it'll give me a solid array of types.

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Postby Carl » November 19th, 2016, 9:40 pm

I got Sun yesterday morning, and while I've not got to play as much as I'd like yet, I've found Alolan Meowth to be one of the best Pokémon I've caught. I can't stand the way Alolan Persian looks, so I won't be evolving her. So far my team is Meowth, Rattata, Litten, Pichu, Makuhita, and Trumbeak. As soon as I can, I'll be replacing something for Rockruff—most likely Trumbeak or Rattata, depending on who does better in the meantime.

I really love this game so far!
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Squeely » November 21st, 2016, 7:52 am

Was reading stuff on Smogon, saw people talking about how Jangmo-o is found pretty late in the game. And thinking on it more, the Dragon typing isn't really doing us any favors, considering I don't really have an answer for Fairy types.

I may just have to hop onto the Bewear train. Provides that nice Fighting typing, can smack Fairy types with Normal moves (though it'll still be weak to Fairy). Fluffy ability gives it pretty insane bulk against contact moves, at the cost of an added Fire weakness which is hardly a big deal when the rest of my team will handle Fire types well.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby Carl » November 22nd, 2016, 12:12 am

My team keeps changing. I love so many of the Pokémon in this game. Toucannon was a great asset to my team with the Fighting type moves, but I think she's gone in favor of Cubone, because Alolan Marowak is SO COOL. I also wanted to raise a Rufflet I caught, as Ive never had one before, but boxed him. Caught a Salandit earlier and kinda wanna raise it too, but alas, I only get six Pokémon. My current party is now Torracat, Sylveon, Alolan Meowth, Cubone, Lycanroc (the day form), and Mudbray.

Not really interested in Bewear tbh.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Squeely » November 22nd, 2016, 12:19 am

[quote="Carl Skywalker"]
Not really interested in Bewear tbh.[/quote]
Which is totally fine. I always go for what I feel to be the best strategy when picking a team of six. Not everyone does that, a lot of people just go for their favorites. Plus, your team structure is going to differ from mine. Bewear seems pretty great for my team, but isn't a necessity to other teams.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby Carl » November 22nd, 2016, 12:30 am

Yeah I kind of worry less about strategy when I'm not Nuzlocking, and since my other Pokémon have Fighting type moves, I figure no reason to worry about. Besides that, I dunno if it's more common on Moon or not, but my Pokémon are in the upper 20s and I've actually not encountered wild Bewear in any shape or form yet. I kinda forgot it exists briefly, actually. There's really a lot of great options in these games though. Wasn't true for a fair few of the other Gens, sadly. Tbh I didn't care for many of the newbies in Gen 4-6. I liked about half of them in 3, 1&2 I loved most, and so far I like most Gen 7 Pokémon too.

I will also say I've hit a bit of lag in double battles from time to time, but even so the game is still much more playable than some PC games I played on systems that couldn't handle it, so I think regular DS is fine if you can handle a little bit of occasional lag. :)
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Squeely » November 22nd, 2016, 12:40 am

Stufful is found on route 8, you may not be there yet. I'm not there yet either, I just looked up where to find each of my planned team members so I know what to look out for.

I'm on a 3DS XL that I've had since... 2012, I think. There's some minor lag upon starting the game and occasionally in battles. It's not that bad though, certainly not bad enough to be a game breaker.

Squeely

Sassy cub

PreviousNext

Return to The Den