Pokémon Sun & Moon confirmed for 2016!

Re: Pokémon Sun & Moon confirmed for 2016!

Postby moonsugar33 » November 27th, 2016, 2:23 pm

How bizarre and Uncanny Valley is the Festival Plaza?!! I couldn't make head or tails of what was going on!
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby FlipMode » November 27th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Yeah I don't understand that at all lol seems to just be a way of shoehorning in some sort of community features. It's not terrible, just weird.
Really loving the rest of the game though, trying not to play it too much as I want it to last me a while but man it's addictive.
I used to hate all turn based RPG games because the combat is just slow and menus are clunky but I think with the touchscreen and the fact they've had years to refine the gameplay, this is really enjoyable to me.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Carl » November 28th, 2016, 6:31 am

My Pokémon are already level 50 guys. I spend hours of my freetime doing other stuff besides this game, I swear. At this rate, I'll have beat it in a week or so.

Also the Festival Plaza isn't really confusing to me. There are people there and you talk to them and tell them something, and then if they like what you say, they give you Festival Coins that can be redeemed for perks. For example at the Rare Kitchen, you can get a meal for one of your Pokémon that will give it a free level up. I don't mess with it (or Poké Pelago) very much though, just because I'm mostly interested in the main game.

I think I have settled into my final party, my dream team for this game, and they are actually featured in a signature of mine—Laurence (Alolan Ninetales), Enid (Alolan Marowak), Batgirl (shiny Crobat), Aleu (Lycanroc Midday form), Jesus (Sylveon), and Gabriel (Mudsdale). I still don't have anything that's strong against Water types, but I let Laurence or Jesus handle them most of the time.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Squeely » November 28th, 2016, 12:33 pm

Festival Plaza is pretty fun. Only downside is, I've ran into people who want something, and ended up telling them the wrong answer because some of the attractions don't make it very clear as to what exactly they do. And the wording of questions is occasionally vague.

I love that it has some very helpful things. Haunted houses let your Pokemon find one item per runthrough, usually items that sell for a good chunk of cash like Proteins or Nuggets. There are a couple places that give you 5 Effort Values in a stat of your choice, and while I'm not really worrying about EVing my Pokemon, it still doesn't hurt to pick up some boosts to desired stats now and then. And I appreciate the heck out of the free level up place. Electra (Pikachu) and Thorax (Wimpod) are my two coasters right now - they're both very weak in battle and will only really be strong once they evolve. Anything that helps them pick up a level is a huge help; Pikachu needing levels because I want it to know Discharge (lv. 34) before evolving, if not wait for Thunderbolt at lv. 42.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Previous

Return to The Den