Pokémon GO!

Pokémon GO!

Postby moonsugar33 » July 14th, 2016, 2:19 am

:D :D :D

This game is awesome! I've been out of the house from mid-morning to dusk for pretty much the whole week. I'm doing so much exercise and I feel great!

On Saturday and Sunday I'm participating in meetups/group walks in two different cities, both with 300 other people looking to attend. It's going to be amazing.

This is my strongest Pokémon so far- a Jolteon that reminded me of Simba:

Share your stories!
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Re: Pokémon GO!

Postby FlipMode » July 15th, 2016, 1:18 am

I played the game with my friend, got to around level 6, realised I was doing the same thing over and over again and haven't really played it since. That's my story with it.

Okay real talk, the game is fun I'm not going to lie. But it's also one of those games I'm aware of how ridiculous it actually all is and for that reason I just can't be bothered to play it. I'm busy enough without having to leave the house and walk around for 30 minutes as a way of enjoying games, I just want to crash into my bed and grab a controller and play something on the TV, Y'know?

Again the game is good, it's just... I don't think it's really for me :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Chavratheserval » July 21st, 2016, 10:31 pm

:lol: Pokémon GO, is awesome! I haven't been out of my house to walk around like that for years! I went to the community park and it was full of people. Like, FULL. Everyone was looking for pokemon. I play it too, right now I'm on level 7. A tip, you know Magikarp? When you catch 400 of them, it evolves into the second strongest pokemon in the game.
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 21st, 2016, 10:49 pm

I honestly love the concept of this game, I already enjoy being outdoors and having a greater incentive to do so is damn fantastic. :) It does feel a little simplistic compared to the Pokemon games (which is to be expected really) so I do hope they flesh out their features and maybe add more features as well, as well as fix some very annoying bugs. Otherwise it's pretty damn fun if you're into that kind of thing.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Simbaholikov » July 21st, 2016, 11:26 pm

Have never given a damn about Pokemon in the past.

However after having played it earlier with Kops and another friend it's pretty damn fun to be outside and actually do something while walking around, most unique and fun way I've played a game in a long while.
Simbaholikov

Postby FireAndSun » July 21st, 2016, 11:28 pm

I haven't tried it yet, mostly because I'm extremely resistant to the mainstream popular stuff. But since I don't get out of the house much as it is, I might find this fun, and I have to admit I'm kind of curious about it.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 21st, 2016, 11:40 pm

^ I'd say give it a few weeks for now if you're hesitant as servers can be quite busy because of the sheer amount of players and there's a few bugs that need fixing. It's neat if you're looking to get some exercise outside while also doing something on the side. :)
KopsTheTerminator

Postby FlipMode » July 22nd, 2016, 12:09 am

[quote="Chavratheserval"]:lol: Pokémon GO, is awesome! I haven't been out of my house to walk around like that for years! I went to the community park and it was full of people. Like, FULL. Everyone was looking for pokemon. I play it too, right now I'm on level 7. A tip, you know Magikarp? When you catch 400 of them, it evolves into the second strongest pokemon in the game.[/quote]

You need 400 magikarp candy, you get three each time you catch one and one when you transfer it. So you only actually need to catch 100 to get Gyarados (unless you're really lucky and find and catch one before all that)

But that's how free to play games work, they give you enough to get you hooked and then it becomes a massive grind unless you pay money to progress any faster.
FlipMode

Postby moonsugar33 » July 24th, 2016, 8:52 am

Well, I've been playing since pretty much Day 2 of the Australian release, and I'm just about to hit Level 22. I've actually started losing weight thanks to getting out and running around so much!

It's also helped me learn about the city I live in (I've only been here a couple of months)- I discovered two new parks, lots of really nice shops, and a boardwalk along the river.
moonsugar33

Pride Points: 9

Postby FlipMode » July 24th, 2016, 10:12 am

I'm not denying it's helping people get off their butt and explore their areas (which you really should be doing anyway) but the game just isn't that good.
FlipMode

Next

Return to The Den