I got a new game controller! (Plus bonus cat)

I got a new game controller! (Plus bonus cat)

Postby moonsugar33 » November 30th, 2016, 8:54 am

Boyfriend managed to convert me to controllers rather than using the keyboard to play my games- I have to admit, it's a lot easier. Unfortunately, I didn't actually have one of my own. Until now!

I did my research, saved up, and got the Dawn Shadow Xbox One S controller. It's utterly gorgeous- I've been on a bit of a pastel/punk kick recently, so that lovely magenta gradient is right up my alley.

And here it is in person, with my beautiful tiny kitty Casper!

moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Re: I got a new game controller! (Plus bonus cat)

Postby Panda-chan » November 30th, 2016, 10:23 am

Wow, it's very beautiful :) Seems fitting for a "gamer girl" if you want to be called that lol. Your cat is adorable as well :3
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Elton John » November 30th, 2016, 10:40 am

The standard xbox one pad might just be the best standard controller ever made.

It's durable. It doesn't feel like it was made from cheap plastic. It fits my hands perfectly. The button/analog placement is extremely intuitive. Unlike the xbox 360 controller, the dpad is very functional.

No motion control/touch gimmicks. I hate the gyro/touchpad on my ps4 controller. I hate gyro on the wii remote/gamepad.

My favorite used to be the snes controller.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FlipMode » November 30th, 2016, 1:01 pm

Agreed, I really like the X1 controller. I usually play with keyboard and mouse just because the PC games I play are designed for and only work with them (anything that involves lots of menus and stuff like simulation games) but there's nothing wrong with playing on a controller for games where it actually is better. I don't really see how PC gamers can argue that keyboard and mouse are the best controllers for all games, there's clearly been examples where that's not the case.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Return to The Den