The Last Guardian

The Last Guardian

Postby Elton John » December 28th, 2016, 1:33 pm

The newest game by visionary developer Fumito Ueda, most famous for Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. A decade in the making, often mockingly called 'the last game' TLG went through a really rocky development cycle.

I had placed the new DOOM game as my goty until I started this one up. Almost instantly writing it off due to how clunky the controls are and how jittery the framerate can get. The game clicked with me faster than I expected. I'm not super far into the game but there's something special and subdued about the relationship between the boy and trico. The gameplay is platforming with puzzle solving, and the friendship that slowly builds.

The animation quality is unreal. Something that youtube videos and simple gifs dont do justice. The way trico moves is natural, fluid, graceful and unlike anything I have seen in a videogame.

Instead of relying on excessive cutscenes the relationship builds as you play. I already feel emotionally attached with trico.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: The Last Guardian

Postby WildSimba » January 13th, 2017, 9:47 am

I don't know, I loved Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, but honestly didn't care for The Last Guardian. I just think that trying to get Trico to listen to anything is a little frustrating, and the puzzles and platforming are even more clunky, slow, and complicated than in Ico. It's a game that actually gives me anxiety playing it because of how frustrating it is. I have no problem with others liking it, but it's not my cup of tea and I definitely think it's left something to be desired vs Team Ico's other 2 masterpieces.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Return to The Den