Death Stranding

Death Stranding

Postby Panda-chan » December 12th, 2017, 2:47 pm

A new trailer dropped for Kojima's upcoming original game, Death Stranding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuUQCpCpsk4

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :? Thoughts?
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Re: Death Stranding

Postby Elton John » December 12th, 2017, 2:57 pm

i will wait for gameplay before I get excited.

The last Kojima game I loved was mgs3 and I despise how he screwed over david hayter in favor of getting a hollywood celebrity to voice big boss.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby WildSimba » December 12th, 2017, 6:40 pm

[quote="Elton John"]i will wait for gameplay before I get excited.

The last Kojima game I loved was mgs3 and I despise how he screwed over david hayter in favor of getting a hollywood celebrity to voice big boss.[/quote]

What about MGS4? That one was great as well. (I agree on your issue with him screwing over David Hayter
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FlipMode » December 12th, 2017, 10:01 pm

I don't think Kojima screwed over anyone with that. Big Boss isn't supposed to sound like Solid Snake, it's not the same character so why would be have the same voice? They changed Big Boss voice in MGS4 and it was fine. So at some point he has to actually sound like that.

Um I have no thoughts really on Death Stranding yet.
When it comes to Kojima games I can't get excited for them really. Just because his games usually show stuff in the trailer that makes it look like it's going one way and then you play it and it goes somewhere totally different.
In days of ye olde that used to be cool but now it's just kind of what I expect from Kojima.

And I'm still salty about Silent Hills.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Elton John » December 12th, 2017, 11:25 pm

I thought mgs4 was a big pile of ....

iirc big boss and solid snake have always been voiced by the same japanese dude, so why change it for the english release? He screwed over david hayter, period.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » December 13th, 2017, 5:05 am

Japanese and English aren't the same language or accent. Maybe he still sounds different and it's just the same voice actor. If David would have voiced him in the game he still would have had to alter his voice to not sound like Solid Snake so I think the decision was a good one. It ultimately doesn't make sense for them to have the same voice for two different characters. Solidus was a perfect biological clone of Big Boss and doenst sound like Snake.

Also Idk if you finished MGSV but if you did then you would know why the protag doesn't sound like Big Boss in the game.

People need to let it go already. MGSV released and ended up being great despite Konami butchering the ending. They switched Big Boss's voice and the sky didn't fall. It's okay.

I still don't think he did and there's no evidence he did it maliciously while there is evidence that he changed it for the sake of continuity. It's happened in other franchises before.
So that's what I believe. Period. :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Elton John » December 13th, 2017, 6:10 am

even if he didnt screw over hayter, I still think mgs5 was dreadfully boring.
Elton John
I’m with you

Return to The Den