Whats ya favorite book?

Re: Whats ya favorite book?

Postby FlipMode » January 13th, 2013, 10:54 pm

1.) Quiet - Susan Cain. The best non-fiction book ever for me, it helped me to understand so much stuff about myself and other people. I think the book is actually a really good stepping stone for forming your own individuality, great stuff.

2. Incarnate / NewSoul series - Jodi Meadows. Okay so the first book was a little too heavy on romance and should have had more focus on the main reincarnation premise but I think the future potential is still there. If Jodi gives the characters a bit more character and plays the plot to its strength then its going to be a winner. INB4 POPULARITY

3. F*** It Therapy - John C. Parkin - Because F*** IT that's why. It's basically a much better version of YOLO except not confining one's selves tot he belief that we only have one life as that would imply a boundary when the belief should be that there are none.

4. The Art Of Racing In The Rain - Garth Stein. ALL of the feels dudes! Just... All of them. The joy, the humour, the excitement, the SADNESS!!... THE FEELS!!!! ARGHHH Dem feels. That's the book in a nutshell. I didn't cry but Christ that ending was bittersweet as they go.

5. Fifty Thousand Shades Of Grey - Stuart Ashens. Because it exists. Otherwise this spot would be taken by A Street Cat Named Bob or The Fault In Our Stars.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Regulus » January 13th, 2013, 11:04 pm

[quote="FlipMode"] 5. Fifty Thousand Shades Of Grey - Stuart Ashens. Because it exists. Otherwise this spot would be taken by A Street Cat Named Bob or The Fault In Our Stars.[/quote]

Any relation to the much more common Fifty Shades of Grey?
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Si-Amber » January 13th, 2013, 11:07 pm

I actually bought 50 Shades of Grey, just to see what the fuss is about. I still haven't got round to reading it.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby FlipMode » January 14th, 2013, 12:13 am

[quote="Si Targaryen"]I actually bought 50 Shades of Grey, just to see what the fuss is about. I still haven't got round to reading it.[/quote]

My sister has it (shocker, I know!), I haven't got around to stealing it yet.

[quote="Regulus"][quote="FlipMode"] 5. Fifty Thousand Shades Of Grey - Stuart Ashens. Because it exists. Otherwise this spot would be taken by A Street Cat Named Bob or The Fault In Our Stars.[/quote]

Any relation to the much more common Fifty Shades of Grey?[/quote]

Not really. The cover is a mimic and the book itself contains the phrase "Fifty shades of Grey" written fifty thousand times. Literally, it is just that phrase one hundred and seventy two times on every page of the book. The book received high critical praise and almost at one point topped Amazon's fastest sellers list for the reference genre. Incredible stuff.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fifty-Thousand- ... 537&sr=8-1
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Regulus » January 14th, 2013, 12:16 am

I saw a picture of that as a meme and nearly busted my butt laughing so hard.

I had NO IDEA that was the actual book. I don't know who this Stuart Ashens is, but he deserves a freaking medal. I take that back, he deserves fifty thousand medals.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby PrincessKiara » January 16th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
Midnight by Jaqueline Wilson
The Tulip Touch by Anne Fine
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George

Narnia Chronicles
Harry Potter books
Hobbit/LOTR books
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SimbaTheShiningStar » January 29th, 2013, 12:39 pm

I'm a HUGE Warriors fan. And Harry Potter. Kind of a tie between those two. :)

I have to also give special mention to Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World (Vicki Myron). It's the only book that has EVER made me cry.
"The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it...or, learn from it."
SimbaTheShiningStar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

'We Are One'

Nickname(s): Vicki
Pride Points: 3

Postby Elebeth » February 4th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Temeraire by Naomi Novik
just read it and you'll know what I mean
The past can hurt but the way I see it is, you can either run from it or learn from it.
Elebeth
awe

some

Pride Points: 2

Postby DreamEater » February 12th, 2013, 11:10 pm

Well, here's a list of all of my books for starters:

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes
The Cay by Theodore Taylor
Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
Call of the Wild by Jack London
Jacob Have I Loved Katherine Patherson
Black Duck Janet Taylor Lisle
Haunted by Judith st. George

Those are all my novels, my favorite is probably CON: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, I haven't really read the last three in the list just yet, but I'll get to it, Call of the Wild is actually my brother's book but he told me all about it, CON: The Last Battle just wasn't as good as the LWW, but it was still good, so was The Cay, it was an iteresting story.

Walk Two Moons I only read the first 15 pages or something but it's not that bad, Johnny Tremain was horrible and The Giver was actually pretty darn good, too. I've a lot about The Hunger Games so I'm interested to know what it's all about, there was also Thumbsucker which I found interest it, I think there were a few more I wanted but they just slipped my mind.
DreamEater
HEY IT'S ALRIGHT

MY LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN A BED OF ROSES

Pride Points: 29

Postby FlipMode » February 12th, 2013, 11:44 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]1.) Quiet - Susan Cain. The best non-fiction book ever for me, it helped me to understand so much stuff about myself and other people. I think the book is actually a really good stepping stone for forming your own individuality, great stuff.

2. Incarnate / NewSoul series - Jodi Meadows. Okay so the first book was a little too heavy on romance and should have had more focus on the main reincarnation premise but I think the future potential is still there. If Jodi gives the characters a bit more character and plays the plot to its strength then its going to be a winner. INB4 POPULARITY

3. F*** It Therapy - John C. Parkin - Because F*** IT that's why. It's basically a much better version of YOLO except not confining one's selves tot he belief that we only have one life as that would imply a boundary when the belief should be that there are none.

4. The Art Of Racing In The Rain - Garth Stein. ALL of the feels dudes! Just... All of them. The joy, the humour, the excitement, the SADNESS!!... THE FEELS!!!! ARGHHH Dem feels. That's the book in a nutshell. I didn't cry but Christ that ending was bittersweet as they go.

5. Fifty Thousand Shades Of Grey - Stuart Ashens. Because it exists. Otherwise this spot would be taken by A Street Cat Named Bob or The Fault In Our Stars.[/quote]

Replace / add Asunder to #2. It is even better than the first book! <3
FlipMode

PreviousNext

Return to The Den