Saddest Book You've Read?

Saddest Book You've Read?

Postby Thegeni99 » October 10th, 2011, 2:44 am

Well, what novels or documentaries have made you get emotional?
I've haven't read much, but what about you guys?
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

M.I.A. MLK User

Nickname(s): Gen, TG99, Aitama
Pride Points: 69

Re: Saddest Book You've Read?

Postby KingKovu44 » October 10th, 2011, 3:36 am

Well, not the whole novel, but part of the ending of the novelization of "Return Of The Jedi". The way Anakin Skywalker's death is described is just so sad and vivid.
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

Postby Ophelia » October 10th, 2011, 4:07 am

I'd have to say, out of what I've read, Fell or The Sight has to be one of the saddest I've ever read. It's not just one or two parts in the book(s); it goes on throughout, until the end of Fell. It's just very sad, both of them, and I cry like a baby usually!

Fire Bringer was also super sad, but not as sad as Fell or the Sight to me. The first arc of Warriors is really sad, and the second arc is pretty sad in its own right as well.
Ophelia

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Man was in the forest.

Nickname(s): Abby, Phelia, Ophie
Pride Points: 12

Postby Panda-chan » October 10th, 2011, 8:56 am

I cried at the end of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. THAT POOR CATERPILLAR.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby WildSimba » October 10th, 2011, 9:19 am

[quote="Amanda"]I cried at the end of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. THAT POOR CATERPILLAR.[/quote]

What's so sad about the ending? lol
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Eli_Ayase » October 10th, 2011, 10:07 am

>_> <_< Don't get me wrong. I know the movie WAS the saddest. But I indeed did cry at Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows just some parts we're sad to read =/

Yeah, I'm freaking emotional! T_T
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Misiziri » October 12th, 2011, 2:19 am

Where the Red Fern grows made me cry throughout the entire book, perhaps I'm just an emotional little cubby but that was a sad book. If I recall correctly, Tiger Rising might've made me cry but I don't quite remember...
Misiziri

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby Thegeni99 » October 17th, 2011, 7:38 am

Old Yeller was a very sad book for me to read. All those wonderful things the boy and his good ole hound went through, only to have to put him down by his very own rifle later on... it's just. :(
I'm not the emotional type, but that novel made me feel as though I were in the story and right there at that moment. ITS SO BAWWW.
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

M.I.A. MLK User

Nickname(s): Gen, TG99, Aitama
Pride Points: 69

Postby emily123 » October 18th, 2011, 12:51 am

Amazing Gracie made me cry. It's kinda like Marley & Me, but it's older and involves a Great Dane along with two other dogs. I expected to cry after reading Marley & Me, but surprisingly I didn't. Strange, because the book is supposed to be sadder than the movie and I cried like a baby in the theater.
My DeviantART|My Animation Source Profile|My YouTube|My Howrse
Question wuz here. Question loves Emily. :p Oh, and it's MY peanut butter!
emily123

Your everyday forum creeper~

Nickname(s): Emi, Emmy
Pride Points: 6

Postby Khaleesi » November 30th, 2011, 4:30 pm

Les Misérables. It's basically built up of Tear Jerkers and Crowning Moments Of Awesome. (Not linking to TvTropes for your own good... it robs hours of your life once you're there! :D)

Uncle Tom's Cabin. Oh my, so sad.

The Little Prince.

Certain parts of A Dance With Dragons. Even if one was a minor character and the other will almost surely get better.
Khaleesi
Queen of Westeros

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea

Nickname(s): Dany
Pride Points: 0

Next

Return to The Den