Watership Down

Watership Down

Postby Misiziri » March 20th, 2012, 12:19 am

Nobody seems to have made a Watership Down topic yet, so here she be ^^

I saw the movie (loved it) and accidentally read "Tales from Watership Down" thinking it was the original novel. It was still pretty interesting despite that. I love the plot with Hyzenthlay and the rabbits from the den run by all females ^^ The lore about Frith was sometimes very strange but creative, in my opinion.

What do you guys think?
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Re: Watership Down

Postby Jiirani » March 20th, 2012, 12:30 am

I've never read "Tales from Watership Down" But I have that original book. I just never got around to reading it. The movie was great and the first few chapters of the book were awesome. I'll need to get a hold of that Tales book though, sounds really good. Dunno how the warren would survive with all females but I guess I'll find out~

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby Misiziri » March 20th, 2012, 12:37 am

Lol, not Hazel's warren xD I don't want to spoil anything, but an Efrafan doe finds out that there is a warren faraway run by a doe obsessed with the White Blindess. And that's all I'll say xD
Misiziri

Postby Jiirani » March 20th, 2012, 1:02 am

Figured, I meant a warren in general getting by with just females. But it sounds interesting, I'll try and get a hold of it :D ! Hyzenthlay's the doe that they rescue in the movie right? I liked her.

Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Postby Misiziri » March 26th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Hm... I'm not sure. Was it Vilthuril? I don't think Hyzenthlay came from the cages. But maybe I'm wrong. And it's not as popular as the original by far, but it should be relatively easy to find. Tell me what you think if you ever do read it ^^
Misiziri

Postby Shadowfax » April 10th, 2012, 2:49 pm

Aw man, I love Watership down! I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid xD Hyzenthlay and Bigwig are my favourites <3 Has to be Fiver in the book though ^^
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Azerane » April 13th, 2012, 2:04 pm

Watership Down is by and far my favourite book. I saw the movie when I was quite young, and a few years later discovered the book, and shortly after that "Tales from Watership Down". Last year I also became aware of the TV series. While the series is certainly aimed a younger audience, once I got into it I quite enjoyed it. I really love the extent to which it expands on Captain Campion.

As far as the book goes, Bigwig and Hazel are my faves :) I could talk about WD all day xD

Shameless Watership Down forum plug: see sig :P
Azerane

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Jiirani » April 13th, 2012, 3:13 pm

[quote="Misiziri"]Hm... I'm not sure. Was it Vilthuril? I don't think Hyzenthlay came from the cages. But maybe I'm wrong. And it's not as popular as the original by far, but it should be relatively easy to find. Tell me what you think if you ever do read it ^^[/quote]

Sorry about the late reply D:
No, Hyzenthlay didn't come from the cages. I mean they rescued her from Efrafa. Lol |D I will~

Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Postby Azerane » April 14th, 2012, 2:07 pm

^ And in regards to that, Vilthuril didn't either, she was an Efrafan doe too. I believe it was Clover, Haystack, Boxwood and one other that were in the cages.
Azerane

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby TwilightClover » November 22nd, 2012, 1:40 am

Watership down is really awesome. I have read the book once, and watched the film from when I was about 4 or 5, and has always been a great movie. I can't really remember what the characters were all like in the book, but in the film Bigwig and Fiver would probs be my faves, and the series Bigwig and Campion probs :D :d
TwilightClover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 3

Next

Return to The Den