The Hunger Games

Re: The Hunger Games

Postby Lauren » August 23rd, 2012, 8:04 pm

I have finished the entire trilogy this summer and I loved all 3 books. I really cannot decide which one out of the three is my favorite. :nehneh: I also bought the DVD last Saturday and I love it too. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdAstrα » August 23rd, 2012, 8:40 pm

Well, I recently watched the movie which I found amazing. I don't know why I've waited so long to see it, but generally when something's super hyped it puts me off a little, because let's be honest, most things really don't live up to the hype. I was pleasantly surprised though. Now reading the first book which I'm also liking quite a bit. I plan to read the others too when I can afford to get them/when my library actually has them (which frankly isn't gonna be anytime soon lol).
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Lauren » August 27th, 2012, 4:18 pm

I love how at the ending Peeta's camouflage song is a parody of "Paradise" by Coldplay. LOL. :lol:
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Buffy » August 27th, 2012, 7:05 pm

Oh my! I haven't posted in this thread yet! O.O

Anyway, I love The Hunger Games. I saw the movie in the theatre with my best friend and her mom. It isn't until now that I have gotten around to reading the books. I'm still on the first book, but I'm loving it! :D
Buffy
once i present, but then

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Lauren » August 27th, 2012, 7:19 pm

[quote="SimbaObsesser"]My favorite characters are Katniss, Peeta, Rue, and Cinna. :)[/quote]
I am also adding Finnick and Haymitch to my list. :)
Lauren

Postby SNAZ » August 27th, 2012, 7:26 pm

I <3 Rue! She's so sweet! I read the first book in about 1 1/2 weeks, then te last 2 in about 3 days... Yes I am a reading fanatic. Then I went to see te film with my bud and we loved it! Though I think it lost a bit of the interesting-ness because you can't hear what katniss is thinking as opposed to the book... But I still think they did a good job on the film!
Userbars and Extra stuffs: show
Thanks Julie Skywalker for my AWESOME siggy and avvy :-D
SNAZ
Scar Rules

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But I still like Simba ;)

Nickname(s): SNSZ123, Shaz, snaz, Twin(GeminiGemelo)
Pride Points: 9

Postby AdAstrα » August 27th, 2012, 7:50 pm

[quote="SimbaObsesser"]

I love how at the ending Peeta's camouflage song is a parody of "Paradise" by Coldplay. LOL. :lol:[/quote]
LOL that's so funny xD
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby FlipMode » August 30th, 2012, 9:01 pm

I saw the box set being advertised like mad in Waterstones the other day, I do not usually opt to read many non fiction stories like these (usually no one cares until it get made into a film, thus I find them suddenly becoming over rated) but this does look quite good (film and book) so I may pick them up.... Not sure yet though XD
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » August 30th, 2012, 9:17 pm

I saw the movie. I liked it. And... that sums up my feelings! :]
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » August 31st, 2012, 2:56 am

It's a pretty good movie, I enjoyed it very much. The saddest part was when the girl from district 11 dies. I have started reading the first book, and it explains much more details, and i like it so far!
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

PreviousNext

Return to The Den