Any comicbook nerds here?

Any comicbook nerds here?

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » August 28th, 2012, 6:02 am

My other main passion is comics. I used to watch Batman: The Animated Series as a kid A LOT. Gotham City is my other home (besides the Pride Lands) and I recently got into Marvel thanks to the 'Avengers'. I had some Spiderman from Marvel. I go the conventions and I might post pics one day. I went to the San Diego comic con last month. My favorite books:

Batman
1. Killing Joke
2. Arkham Asylum
3. Joker: Devil's advocate
4. Catwoman: Her sister's keeper
5. No Man's Land (EPIC!)
6. Harley Quinn: Mad Love
7. Gotham Central
8. The Man Who Laughs
9. Streets of Gotham
10. Death in the family
11. False Faces
12. Long Halloween

Non-Batman

Thor by J Michael Straczynski
The Sword by the Luna Brothers
KISS-Various (Marvel, Dark Horse)
Lex Luthor: Man of Steel (Better than "Joker" by the same artist/writer team)
Ultra: Seven Days by the Luna Bros
Superman Red Son
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Re: Any comicbook nerds here?

Postby FlipMode » August 28th, 2012, 10:34 pm

Not really but I have read The Killing Joke and it is an incredible read regardless of comic book appreciation! Story is great.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 1st, 2012, 12:56 am

It's very dark. I love Brian Bolland's detail in the art.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » September 7th, 2012, 4:56 am

I'm really more of a former comic book collector, But being that I still have great love for comics and comic book characters I'll share my thoughts.

I'm afraid I haven't read most of the books on your list but Batman is a great character. I always enjoyed him in JLA. My Favorite DC character is Captain Marvel.

I have always Been more of a Marvel fan my favorite Characters from Marvel are

#1. Iron Man
#2. Spider-Man
#3. Hulk
#4. Thor
#5. Hercules
#6.Forgotten One
#7. Wonder Man
#8. Thing
#9. War Machine
#10. Darkhawk

My favorite Marvel team is The Avengers

There are many other Marvel characters I like that I really like as well, I just thought I'd only list my top 10.

I am currently reading and collecting He-Man and the Masters of the Universe from DC and also The Masters of the Universe digital comic also from DC
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby KingKovu44 » September 7th, 2012, 5:05 am

I collect Sonic comics. I have a huge collection of them.
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

Postby Tacobell Lion » September 7th, 2012, 5:08 am

I love the Walking Dead comics! :)

They're are awesome and big cliffhangers!
Tacobell Lion
Gucci Mane

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Can YOU feel the love tonight?

Nickname(s): Lion(no joke)
Pride Points: 9

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 7th, 2012, 6:19 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]I'm really more of a former comic book collector, But being that I still have great love for comics and comic book characters I'll share my thoughts.

I'm afraid I haven't read most of the books on your list but Batman is a great character. I always enjoyed him in JLA. My Favorite DC character is Captain Marvel.

I have always Been more of a Marvel fan my favorite Characters from Marvel are

#1. Iron Man
#2. Spider-Man
#3. Hulk
#4. Thor
#5. Hercules
#6.Forgotten One
#7. Wonder Man
#8. Thing
#9. War Machine
#10. Darkhawk

My favorite Marvel team is The Avengers

There are many other Marvel characters I like that I really like as well, I just thought I'd only list my top 10.

I am currently reading and collecting He-Man and the Masters of the Universe from DC and also The Masters of the Universe digital comic also from DC[/quote]

Did you ever read Tower of Babel? One of my favorite JLA books.

Have you met any creators? I have met: Paul Dini, Dustin Nguyen, Mark Waid, Grant Morrison, Jim Balent, Ed Brubaker, Brian K Vaughn.

And since this is a Lion King board, has anyone here heard of Pride of Baghdad?

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 7th, 2012, 4:52 pm

I don't usually read comics/graphic novels, but one I have read is actually Pride of Baghdad ^.^ It's really good, I enjoyed it. The art is awesome, really sad twist at the end though, brought a few tears to my eyes.
Last edited by UncoordinatedPisces on September 7th, 2012, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Kopalover » September 7th, 2012, 4:59 pm

I have one Avengers comic book, untouched! ^.^
And I've read A FEW of the Walking Dead comic books :3
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby SimbasGuard » September 8th, 2012, 7:01 am

[quote="TheBlackCatCrossing"]Did you ever read Tower of Babel? One of my favorite JLA books.

Have you met any creators? I have met: Paul Dini, Dustin Nguyen, Mark Waid, Grant Morrison, Jim Balent, Ed Brubaker, Brian K Vaughn. [/quote]

I read Tower Of Babel that is a really good story line, which was used as a basses for the most recent Justice League Direct to DVD animated movie Justice League: Doom.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting any creators, you are very lucky.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Next

Return to The Den