Any comicbook nerds here?

Re: Any comicbook nerds here?

Postby SimbasGuard » September 25th, 2012, 4:31 am

I haven't read any Sonic The Hedgehog comics, (I very rarely read anything other than Marvel or DC) but Sonic is a very interesting character.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby KingKovu44 » September 26th, 2012, 1:53 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]I haven't read any Sonic The Hedgehog comics, (I very rarely read anything other than Marvel or DC) but Sonic is a very interesting character.[/quote]

The storyline for the main comic has been getting really good. It's on its 241st issue now.
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

Postby SimbasGuard » September 28th, 2012, 8:51 am

Wow that is impressive for comic based on a video game character.

SimbasGuard

Postby KingKovu44 » September 28th, 2012, 11:51 pm

If I recall correctly, it holds the record for longest running comic based on a video game.
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

Postby Regulus » September 28th, 2012, 11:58 pm

[quote="DGFone"]I've read the Pride of Baghdad. It has a downer ending (not gonna spoil it), but the comic is excellent. The artwork is beautiful, the story is quite nice, and it had an F-18 on the first page or so. :P Okay, what was the F-18 doing five feet above Baghdad (which is famous for its large amount of AAA) is beyond me, but it's just the cherry on top of the excellent comic.

If you get the chance, do read it.[/quote]

Yep, my thoughts exactly. 8-)
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Carl » September 29th, 2012, 5:08 am

I've always been interested in comics, but I've never really had the opportunity to read many. I've recently come into possession of the Franken Castle (Punisher, in case anyone doesn't know) series, and have started reading the first issue. So far, it's good, but I really haven't gotten far.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby SimbasGuard » September 29th, 2012, 6:41 am

[quote="KingKovu44"]If I recall correctly, it holds the record for longest running comic based on a video game.[/quote]

That is impressive.

[quote="Juliette"]I've always been interested in comics, but I've never really had the opportunity to read many. I've recently come into possession of the Franken Castle (Punisher, in case anyone doesn't know) series, and have started reading the first issue. So far, it's good, but I really haven't gotten far.[/quote]

I used to read Punisher, but I really didn't like volume 4. The character of The Punisher has always been interesting though.

SimbasGuard

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 29th, 2012, 6:45 am

I crossed over to Marvel because of The Avengers. Has this happened to anyone else?

There's a sale tomorrow and I will take advantage. Let's see what happens.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Previous

Return to The Den