Any comicbook nerds here?

Re: Any comicbook nerds here?

Postby DGFone » September 8th, 2012, 7:14 am

I've read the Pride of Baghdad. It has a downer ending (not gonna spoil it), but the comic is excellent. The artwork is beautiful, the story is quite nice, and it had an F-18 on the first page or so. :P Okay, what was the F-18 doing five feet above Baghdad (which is famous for its large amount of AAA) is beyond me, but it's just the cherry on top of the excellent comic.

If you get the chance, do read it.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 8th, 2012, 8:21 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="TheBlackCatCrossing"]Did you ever read Tower of Babel? One of my favorite JLA books.

Have you met any creators? I have met: Paul Dini, Dustin Nguyen, Mark Waid, Grant Morrison, Jim Balent, Ed Brubaker, Brian K Vaughn. [/quote]

I read Tower Of Babel that is a really good story line, which was used as a basses for the most recent Justice League Direct to DVD animated movie Justice League: Doom.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting any creators, you are very lucky.[/quote]

You ever been to a con? Anyone?
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby SimbasGuard » September 9th, 2012, 6:58 am

Not a major one, but I did go to a smaller one in a mall just a few towns away from where I live. In fact I'd say it was more of a comic book expo than a convention.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 10th, 2012, 7:08 am

Hey, better an expo than nothing at all and you WILL meet the superstars one day!

PS, Grant Morrison is so sweet (even if I can't stand some of his work!)
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » September 21st, 2012, 6:18 am

I'm glad you can like a creator even if you don't like the creation.

SimbasGuard

Postby KingKovu44 » September 21st, 2012, 6:23 am

I collect comic books. I'm a big fan of them.
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

Postby SimbasGuard » September 21st, 2012, 6:30 am

What ones do you collect and who is your favorite character?

SimbasGuard

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 21st, 2012, 6:35 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Thanks :)
I'm glad you can like a creator even if you don't like the creation.[/quote]

Batman RIP was the last straw BUT I thought Batman Inc. was genius.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Postby SimbasGuard » September 22nd, 2012, 7:59 am

I have heard of those, and even I rolled my eyes at the idea of Bruce Wayne actually being Killed.

SimbasGuard

Postby KingKovu44 » September 22nd, 2012, 1:59 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]What ones do you collect and who is your favorite character?[/quote]

I collect mostly Sonic The Hedgehog and Sonic Universe. Sonic is my favorite character.
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

PreviousNext

Return to The Den