George Orwell - Animal Farm

George Orwell - Animal Farm

Postby InsaneSeagull » September 17th, 2012, 9:50 pm

Has anyone read this Orwell's book except me in here? What do you think? :)

For those who don't know, that's a satiric novel describing rising of the communism and the time of Stalin's rule.
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Re: George Orwell - Animal Farm

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 17th, 2012, 9:54 pm

I've read this for history ^.^ It's interesting to say the least, made me understand communism more clearly, that's for sure x)
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Scars Mate » October 3rd, 2012, 6:55 am

I watched the movie but I'll have to read the book in school. It was sad, but learnt something.

Ask Me ~o~ My Graphics
-Signature by the amazing Shadowfax-
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby Lauren » October 16th, 2012, 12:13 pm

I remember reading this book in English back in 6th grade. I believe I sorta liked it. Yeah good times. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdAstrα » October 16th, 2012, 2:38 pm

My grandma tried to get me to read it when I was like...12. Lol. But I never did. From what I've heard it seems interesting so may give it a go some time, in fact I think I still have the copy she gave me.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Wrightfan » December 27th, 2012, 3:31 am

Loved it. A really good satire on human civilization really (in particular, government.)
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby Sigurd » June 24th, 2013, 9:42 am

I've read it, it's a very interesting book, one of my favorites actually. A good satire about how people behave when they get to much power.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Si-Amber » June 24th, 2013, 3:34 pm

I studied Animal Farm at school.

There is a local connection for me. George Orwell (real name Eric Blair) went to school in my town and the setting is based on a village on the outskirts of town.
Si-Amber

Pride Points: 74

Postby MooLion » July 21st, 2013, 1:41 pm

I read it quite a few years back, though not for school. Really need to pick it up again. Have watched a TV film and the great 1956 Halas & Bachelor film since!
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Queen Elsa » October 29th, 2013, 2:39 pm

I read it last year (actually, earlier this year) for English. One of my favorite books that I've had to read in any English class. :)
Signature made by Marizzle.

I'm feeling...
ImageImageImage
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Your father, your tribe, your best friend

Nickname(s): Elsa, NKL, NalaKiaraLuver, QE, QI, Bulma
Pride Points: 57

Next

Return to The Den