Divergent

Divergent

Postby FlipMode » January 6th, 2013, 1:32 am

Anyone read this? I need opinions. Looks like an awesome trilogy to get into and Insurgent is apparently even better than the original! =0
Seriously impressive reviews too - http://www.goodreads.com/series/57530-divergent
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Divergent

Postby Scars Mate » January 11th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Omg. I read the first and second of the series. They are really good ^^ still waiting for the third one to come out though...

Ask Me ~o~ My Graphics
-Signature by the amazing Shadowfax-
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby FlipMode » January 11th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Ah thanks I'll have to check them out
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Buffy » February 4th, 2013, 8:12 am

Ooh! I've heard tons of good things about this series and I am really interested in it. I don't know how long it will take for me to get a hold of it because I believe 50+ people had it on hold at the library. I may need to purchase it. Which I don't mind, but I'm kinda saving my money. Hmm... Maybe I can set aside some just for book buying. xD
But yes, this is definitely a "to read" one on my part.
Buffy
once i present, but then

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby FlipMode » February 4th, 2013, 11:59 pm

[quote="Buffy"]Ooh! I've heard tons of good things about this series and I am really interested in it. I don't know how long it will take for me to get a hold of it because I believe 50+ people had it on hold at the library. I may need to purchase it. Which I don't mind, but I'm kinda saving my money. Hmm... Maybe I can set aside some just for book buying. xD
But yes, this is definitely a "to read" one on my part.[/quote]

I have both Divergent and Insurgent now, not started reading it yet but I can send it to you when I have if you like! =D
FlipMode

Postby SophieCub » October 15th, 2013, 2:49 pm

I'm almost finished the first book! I would have it read by now but I'm waiting on Insurgent coming. I don't want to read the end of the first one and not have the second one handy. If Insurgent is better then I'm so excited. I'm looking forward to the film coming out next year, I've seen the trailer and it looks like it will be really good.
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Buffy » January 5th, 2014, 1:14 am

Just finished the series. I can definitely say it's worth reading and I enjoyed it overall. Would I recommend it? Yes, I definitely would.
Buffy
once i present, but then

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Lauren » March 9th, 2014, 10:22 pm

3-9-14

I started Divergent last week and just finished it about an hour ago, which took five days for me to read in total. I was so impressed with the story and emotional with the characters. I really like the premise of it and seemed like a cool idea. Before reading the book, I saw the trailer for the movie once and someone asked me if it reminded me of Hunger Games due to a "popular dystopian trilogy" and I said, "The training room and stuff like that was sorta similar," but actually no. It's nothing like it at all. I mean, these teenagers use guns instead of bow and arrow! ;) Either way, I still love both books and I'm looking forward to reading Insurgent and Allegiant and see the movie when it comes out. :)

3-15-14

I finished Insurgent and I really loved this one just like the first, even though I liked it a bit better. As a sequel, it's very good and I like how we explore all of the factions this time as to when we only saw Abnegation, Dauntless, and Erudite (only for a little bit). We view the Candor and Amity compounds and see how their societies interact based on their given faction traits. I appreciate that Tris and Tobias are a couple who actually argue because that's how couples are in real life. Married or not, both partners do fight at times and address their issues in order to understand what they're going through. It makes their relationship a lot more realistic. We get a lot of character development between Tris and Tobias as well as the other major characters such as Caleb, Christina, Marcus, Peter, Uriah, Lynn, and etc. Well, there will be even more in the last novel. Identity is one of the major themes presented throughout the novels and they do play a big role in someone's life while growing up. Overall, awesome book and I can't wait to start Allegiant! :)

3-25-14

Out of all the books, Allegiant took me the longest to read since things kept coming in the way, making my week a bit busy, but now I finished it. The conflict in this book actually kept me thinking throughout the story since humanity does serve as a large portion to our world and societies each and everyday. I will not say too much in order to avoid spoilers, but it was really good and the ending was emotional for me in my opinion. It was a nice wrap up for the trilogy and I will come back to it again in the future.
Lauren

Return to The Den