Suzanne Collins

Suzanne Collins

Postby nalasimba83 » May 25th, 2013, 4:45 am

Once again Suzanne Collins found the key and used it to capture the minds of young adolescents
in her wonderful books. You might be asking "who is Suzanne Collins?"
I wouldn't be surprised. Many wonderful authors don't get recognized, but only their books that they have written with great compassion. She is the founder of the great series called the " Hunger Games". With all three books written, i guess we just have to sit back and wait for the movies to arrive!

All signatures created by me :3
Itachi and Gin forever!
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Re: Suzanne Collins

Postby FlipMode » May 30th, 2013, 9:46 pm

Don't get recognized? She is probably the most well known author of recent years next to J.K Rowling.
More shameful is that better / other equally good books go unnoticed because people read THG and then think they have mastered the dystopian genre.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby nalasimba83 » May 30th, 2013, 9:49 pm

Also True,
J.K Rowling is also a very good author as i enjoy reading her books,
Such as harry potter
Last edited by nalasimba83 on May 30th, 2013, 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

All signatures created by me :3
Itachi and Gin forever!
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Postby AdAstrα » May 30th, 2013, 9:51 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Don't get recognized? She is probably the most well known author of recent years next to J.K Rowling.
More shameful is that better / other equally good books go unnoticed because people read THG and then think they have mastered the dystopian genre.[/quote]
This. While I like THG, I do think it's overrated.

Also, J.K Rowling is a woman.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby DGFone » May 30th, 2013, 9:57 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Don't get recognized? She is probably the most well known author of recent years next to J.K Rowling.
More shameful is that better / other equally good books go unnoticed because people read THG and then think they have mastered the dystopian genre.[/quote]

Metro 2033. The book, not the game.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » May 30th, 2013, 10:06 pm

[quote="AdAstrα"][quote="FlipMode"]Don't get recognized? She is probably the most well known author of recent years next to J.K Rowling.
This. While I like THG, I do think it's overrated.

Also, J.K Rowling is a woman.[/quote]

I wasn't saying it was overrated, just that if people like it then why do they choose to ignore so many other books in the genre? Just because some man in a suit is not marketing it to them? People are just so afraid to make decisions for their selves these days, only reading books if they get extremely popular... If we all lived like that, nothing would ever get successful because everyone would be waiting for the next big thing, with no one to discover it.
It's like eating a strawberry and liking it, then never eating any other type of fruit for the rest of your life.

#RantsAreFunForTheWholeFamilyAndUKnowIt

[quote]Metro 2033. The book, not the game.[/quote]

We could name names all day long XD the overall point is the shame of it all.
I mean, I get it. It's hard to make something very popular. But that does not make it any less of a shame. Ho-hum
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Return to The Den