The Fault in Our Stars

Re: The Fault in Our Stars

Postby Ninaroja » June 16th, 2014, 11:58 pm

So I ended up reading this. I read one chapter one day and then a week later I ended up reading the rest of it all in one day. I really did like it :)

I will say based on my earlier post in this thread that it did indeed hit home very hard in a lot of places like I thought it would. There were a lot of parallels between what happened in the story and my personal experience, particularly
Spoiler: show
Augustus' slow demise at the end of the story. I never saw my friend and hers only lasted a week but the turmoil of emotion and the reactions of parents throughout the story who had sick children were so on point.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby KingCub » June 17th, 2014, 2:39 am

So now I have to ask, who has seen the movie yet?

I ended up going to the very first showing at my theater, and ohhh man. It was wonderful! Ending up crying lots (along with literally every other person in the theater. There was tissue boxes being passed around the rows) But surprisingly a very good port from the book, and the full story was still their, along with all the brilliant character development. Of course, there where a few small details left out, but nothing that you really noticed. I would still recommend reading the book first, but it's a really good movie to those who have not read it!

What did you guys think of it?
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby Jiirani » June 17th, 2014, 2:44 am

i'm not really sure if i want to support Green by seeing the film in cinemas but i assume i'll probably end up watching it one day but who knows? i said that about the twilight films and i still havent seen any of those yet :u . its good representation for individuals who are suffering from cancer etc so the book itself is probably pretty good despite its faults. i got about 50 pages in before i got bored (my attention span isnt what it used to be) and like, i had to give it back eventually lmao

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby The Spirit of Life » June 17th, 2014, 3:30 am

I actually saw the movie just the other day, and oh man ... right in the feels.
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Postby Ninaroja » July 6th, 2014, 4:48 am

I saw the movie a few days ago with my friend Phoebe. I really really liked it. I thought it was a very faithful adaptation of the book and I loved the casting and the music and the acting.

I didn't cry - crying at a sad film is actually quite rare with me (only about a handful ever have caused me to shed a tear, and only one or two have ever caused me to outright sob) A lot of people in my showing cried a lot (my friend Phoebe especially). I thought I'd be a lot more likely to cry though seeing as my personal experience runs so parallel to what happens in the story, but I guess knowing what was going to happen (having read the book) a bit of the emotional blow might have been lessened for me somewhat. :/

That said, I recommend it, whether you've read the book or not. There's a lot to learn from this story :)
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Previous

Return to The Den