Shakespeare

Shakespeare

Postby Zeke » December 19th, 2008, 6:04 am

Since its kinda related to TLK, I decided to make this thread. I guess TLK is supposed to be like Shakespeare's play, Hamlet and SP is supposed to be like Romeo and Juliet. Right now I am reading the play, Julius Caesar, which is pretty much the hardest freakin play to understand. Has anybody else read his works?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 18

Re: Shakespeare

Postby Moka » December 19th, 2008, 6:23 am

I've read MacBeth (personal favorite), Romeo & Juliet. And I'm actually reading Hamlet right now because its supposed to be like TLK. I've also read A Midsummer Night's Dream.

They're really hard to understand but they tell great stories and they're so original.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Zeke » December 19th, 2008, 6:28 am

I was in plays of Romeo and Juliet and The Twelfth Night in Elementary school. It was a lot of fun, I was Tiblet in Romeo and Juliet and Malvolio(a drunk guy that ends up getting locked up in jail while everyone gets married) in the Twelfth Night. I have only read Romeo and Juliet so far, but I really want to get around to reading Macbeth and Hamlet.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Postby Schindler » January 9th, 2009, 3:28 am

I would love to read Shakespeare's novels, but since English is not my first language I guess it would be extra hard for me :oops:
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Pride Points: 0

Postby Moka » January 9th, 2009, 3:52 am

I would've never guessed that! Whats your native tongue?
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby Schindler » January 9th, 2009, 3:54 am

That must mean that I'm getting good at it :confident:
Haha.

Spanish.
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Postby NightmareMoon » January 9th, 2009, 4:40 am

Yo hablo poco espanol tambien, pero no tengo acentos en mi computadora =[
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

The night... will last.... FOREVER!!

Nickname(s): NM, Jamie
Pride Points: 19

Postby Schindler » January 9th, 2009, 4:42 am

Haha, don't worry. Very few people use accents on the computer. It's kinda sad :oops:
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Postby whitewolf17 » January 12th, 2009, 12:32 am

I think Shakespeare is okay. I'm not a big fan of a-lot of his works but some are good. My school has a "Shakespeare club" which is all about Shakespearian things and our school also competes in a competition with other schools by performing Shakespeare plays which I was in last year, and am in this year.
The winner for last week's question is...NalaLionQueen. Congratulations!!

This weeks question:What is the only other known place in the universe with a stable body of surface liquid?

Winner and next question will be announced next Sunday.
whitewolf17

#1 Sonic fan

Postby Schindler » January 27th, 2009, 12:15 am

We started reading Macbeth some days ago at school, and I seriously don't get what's going on o_o
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Next

Return to The Den