Shakespeare

Re: Shakespeare

Postby SilverSimba01 » January 21st, 2010, 12:25 am

I like the way that Shakespeare wrote his novels
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Sauda » January 21st, 2010, 3:40 am

I actually hated the story of Romeo and Juliet. Two stupid teenagers in a starcrossed "romance".
*sigh*. Killing yourself for love is not blissful or romantic, it's stupid.
:hmm:
signature made byTaka♥
Where are you going, I don’t mind, i’ve killed my world and i’ve killed my time.
So where do I go, and what will I see. I see many people coming after me. So where are you going to I don’t mind.
If I live too long I’m afraid I’ll die. So I will follow you wherever you go, if your offered hand is still open to me.
Strangers on this road we are on, we are not two we are one. -Strangers, The Kinks
Sauda

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

♥

Location: looking for that moment in time where she will become one with the universe and feel truly infinite
Pride Points: 0

Postby Dutch » January 21st, 2010, 3:45 am

[quote="whitewolf17"]I think Shakespeare is okay. I'm not a big fan of a-lot of his works but some are good. My school has a "Shakespeare club" which is all about Shakespearian things and our school also competes in a competition with other schools by performing Shakespeare plays which I was in last year, and am in this year.[/quote]

There's how I feel about Shakespeare. But I'm not in high school anymore so I'm not in the club :sad:
Dutch

I'm Rockandi

Pride Points: 1

Postby Sauda » January 21st, 2010, 11:18 pm

I...forgot what I was going to say...
:hmm: :? :hmm:
signature made byTaka♥
Where are you going, I don’t mind, i’ve killed my world and i’ve killed my time.
So where do I go, and what will I see. I see many people coming after me. So where are you going to I don’t mind.
If I live too long I’m afraid I’ll die. So I will follow you wherever you go, if your offered hand is still open to me.
Strangers on this road we are on, we are not two we are one. -Strangers, The Kinks
Sauda

♥

Location: looking for that moment in time where she will become one with the universe and feel truly infinite

Postby WildSimba » January 22nd, 2010, 4:14 am

[quote="Sauda"]I actually hated the story of Romeo and Juliet. Two stupid teenagers in a starcrossed "romance".
[/quote]

It's not stupid, It's beautiful. The fact that they're love was so strong, that they were willing too die for eachother was surely just brilliant writting. I didn't care for R&J as a whole, but it was an amazing scene.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Sauda » January 22nd, 2010, 4:55 am

[quote="WildSimba"][quote="Sauda"]I actually hated the story of Romeo and Juliet. Two stupid teenagers in a starcrossed "romance".
[/quote]

It's not stupid, It's beautiful. The fact that they're love was so strong, that they were willing too die for eachother was surely just brilliant writting. I didn't care for R&J as a whole, but it was an amazing scene.[/quote]

No, it wasn't.
As I said before killing yourself for someone else is not romantic, it's stupid.
Romeo and Juliet knew eachother for what? A day? Met eachother across a crowded room, at some party. It wasn't love it was merely lust and infatuation.
I think what William was trying to convey when he wrote this play was not to make the ultimate love story. But to simply show how dumb, teenagers really are. Im not saying they were stupid, but their actions sure were.
Brilliant writing, I agree. But Romeo and Juliet was not a great romance.
signature made byTaka♥
Sauda

♥

Postby SimbaandShenzifan » January 23rd, 2010, 9:14 am

Let's see I've read:

Romeo and Juliet (to be honest, I think this story have been WAY overdone too many times in movies and other stories)

Julius Caesar

Winter's Tale

The Comedy of Errors

I'm sure I read more, but that's all I can really remember. :/

My favorite was Winter's Tale. I read it around Christmas and it just that had that "feeling" of cold that I liked. The ending was really sweet too. The king in the story was CRAZY though. :disgust:
Mood:Image

Keeper of :shenzismile:Image

Mood Button: Simbadaholic
Keeper Buttons: Moka and Simba
SimbaandShenzifan

Pride Points: 1

Postby WindAnnWise » January 13th, 2012, 10:21 pm

Shakespeare is awesome! My favorite play is Romeo and Juliet.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby AdAstrα » January 13th, 2012, 10:25 pm

I love Shakespeare! I haven't seen/read all of his plays but my current favourite is Hamlet :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Wrightfan » January 14th, 2012, 2:59 am

I've read Hamlet (liked it) and Tempest (boring, couldn't even finish).

Tried to get into Shakespeare...just couldn't. Maybe will try again one year.
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

PreviousNext

Return to The Den