Shakespeare

Re: Shakespeare

Postby Zeke » January 27th, 2009, 7:06 am

I just had an AP essay on Julius Caesar about some weird analysis that no one else but my teacher could make. Realize that Shakespeare is also so hard to understand that Sparknotes has their own No Fear Shakespeare place where it translates the books into ENGLISH lol :P
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 18

Postby Schindler » January 30th, 2009, 1:17 am

Yeah!
I only know what's going on because our teacher kind of explains what the characters mean in normal English :lol:
Schindler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

soñando a estar vivo

Pride Points: 0

Postby rachelanne » May 7th, 2009, 5:17 am

haha yes! I've seen that on Sparknotes, too. He is quite difficult to understand sometimes. My one test we had to identify who said what quotes from the play Macbeth, and it's hard enough understanding what was being said to even know who said it haha :? In school I've read Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, Midsummer Night's Dream and Much Ado About Nothing. I might give Hamlet a go because I just realized recently that TLK was similar but we'll see...hopefully I'll get back into the swing of his language.
Image << by queenofthepridelands
Avatar thanks to queenofthepridelands
rachelanne

Circle of Life

Postby Schindler » May 7th, 2009, 11:29 pm

Of course it's similar, it's based on it :o
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Postby Majordomo » May 8th, 2009, 12:21 am

I've never found any of Shakespeare's works all THAT hard to understand...
Majordomo

Because I said so

Postby Schindler » May 8th, 2009, 1:15 am

It is when you've spoken English for only two years.
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Postby Panda-chan » May 8th, 2009, 1:49 am

I've read quite a lot of Shakespeare's works actually: Hamlet, Macbeth, Much Ado About Nothing, and 12th Night, but I cheated for some of them by reading the simplified versions. :goodnight: In 6th grade my teacher read out parts of A Midsummer Night's Dream so I don't really consider that "reading" it.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Majordomo » May 8th, 2009, 2:20 am

[quote="Schindler"]It is when you've spoken English for only two years.[/quote]
Well, yeah, your case is completely understandable. I'm just speaking from personal experience.
Majordomo

Because I said so

Postby queenofthepridelands » May 8th, 2009, 10:25 am

I've just finished studying Romeo & Juliet in English and this theatre company came to our school to perform it and it was great :) But I hate writing essays analyzing it :ehh:
Image userbar by M O K A ! my d e v i a n t a r t page
queenofthepridelands

Pinned ya again.

Postby Moka » May 8th, 2009, 4:49 pm

[quote="Majordomo"]I've never found any of Shakespeare's works all THAT hard to understand...[/quote]

Me either. They're just written in old English with a bunch of metaphors :/ Pretty simple if you take your time reading it.
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to The Den