give me a thing to read

give me a thing to read

Postby FlipMode » January 15th, 2014, 4:38 pm

Going on a book buying spree, post some suggestions here and I'll probably pick them up :)
don't suggest the common ones that everyone has already read though, looking for some more personal recommendations if y'know what I mean?
Aight, go.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: give me a thing to read

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 15th, 2014, 7:38 pm

How about J.R.R. Tolkien's books?
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Buffy » January 15th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Marley and Me gave me the feels, but it is still one of my favourite books.
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Ninaroja » January 15th, 2014, 8:10 pm

If you haven't read it, The Perks of Being a Wallflower comes highly recommended.

Feel ALL the feels :)
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby FlipMode » January 16th, 2014, 12:00 am

[quote="Nicholas"]How about J.R.R. Tolkien's books?[/quote]

Oh gosh yes! I still need to read The Silmarillion! Thanks for reminding me.

Will check out any recommendations you beautiful people make :)
I have a lot of stuff to read over the next couple of months now. This is a thing that makes me happy.
On an unrelated note - I'm reading Legend by Marie Lu recently, it's like Hunger Games but better, check it out if you're into that sort of stuff.
FlipMode

Postby Lauren » January 19th, 2014, 12:30 am

I would suggest Looking for Alaska by John Green

That was the last book I recently read and it was so good. I recommend it. :)
Lauren

Postby FlipMode » January 19th, 2014, 12:33 am

Have you read Paper Towns and if so is that good? Because I saw that and was like "Hmmmm" :)
FlipMode

Postby Lauren » January 19th, 2014, 12:35 am

Yes I've also read it. It's good too. :)
Lauren

Postby FlipMode » January 20th, 2014, 12:38 am

OH noice :) well I think I will just look through all of Mr.Green's works and read them at random to be honest. I know he wrote a book in collaboration with... Oh Jeez, that guy who wrote "every day" whose name I forget right now even though it was one of the best books I read last year :D I will know it when I see it though.
FlipMode

Postby Buffy » January 20th, 2014, 12:40 am

David Levithan?

Also, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell is turning out pretty good. And I've heard wonderful things about her other novel, Eleanor and Park.
Buffy
once i present, but then

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Next

Return to The Den