A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

Postby Buffy » July 23rd, 2014, 4:37 am

A Series of Unfortunate Events is a 13 book series, each book having 13 chapters, and all dedicated to someone named Beatrice. The story follows the adventures of the three Baudelaire orphans; Violet Baudelaire, the oldest, an inventor. Klaus Baudelaire, the middle child, a reader. And Sunny, the youngest and only a baby, with a talent for biting things.

The story starts on the beach, when the children receive the horrible news from Mr. Poe that their home was burned down and that their parents perished in the fire.
Mr. Poe, now in charge of the orphans' affairs, arranges for them to stay with a relative; Count Olaf.
The story unfolds and continues on throughout the series with a whole bunch of unfortunate events and adventures.

At the moment, I'm currently on the ninth book; "The Carnivorous Carnival". So far I'm loving the series, in fact it has become one of my favourites. The characters are extremely lovable, the writing style is very intelligent and unique. I love the character of Lemony (yes, the author is a character), and I love the sense of adventure in these books. They are also quite light reads and you can get through them pretty quick.

They also come with a few companion books. I only have one which is "The Beatrice Letters", but I plan on collecting the others because I'm in love with this series!

Lemony Snicket is also writing prequel quartet called "All The Wrong Questions", which I'm also planning on getting as soon as possible.

So has anyone read these books? What did you think? Are you interested in reading them?
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Return to The Den