How can I tell if my PM's are getting through?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

How can I tell if my PM's are getting through?

Postby Sushi » September 17th, 2016, 12:41 am

I know I am only new to this site but I have received two or three PM's now and have replied to them. But then I have never got a response from anyone to those replies. Im starting to think that my PM's are not getting through.

Is it possible to find out if a message has been read by someone and just not replied back to. If people just don't want to talk I'm fine with that but I want to know that I'm not doing something wrong and that the messages have not been sent.

Also the live chat on the front page doesn't work for me. I type in the box and i press send or return and it disappears without it adding to the chat. I can live with that but this does lead me to think sorting is wrong and that the PM system is doing the same to me.

Any advice would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Re: How can I tell if my PM's are getting through?

Postby Shadowfax » September 17th, 2016, 8:09 pm

If the messages are still visible in your outbox, then the person you pm'd has yet to read/receive it. If your outbox is empty, they have read it, but may have forgotten to reply (We all do it occasioanlly!)

Hope this helps.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Sushi » September 18th, 2016, 8:43 pm

[quote="Shadowfax"]If the messages are still visible in your outbox, then the person you pm'd has yet to read/receive it. If your outbox is empty, they have read it, but may have forgotten to reply (We all do it occasioanlly!)

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

I have had an answer from someone now so i do feel a little daft for asking but knowing about the outbox and seeing little signs like that has helped. I can follow and see where things are at no i know.
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » September 18th, 2016, 9:21 pm

[quote="Sushi"]
Also the live chat on the front page doesn't work for me. I type in the box and i press send or return and it disappears without it adding to the chat.[/quote]
Unless I'm mistaken there is a post count requirement for the chat box. I believe it's 50.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Sushi » September 26th, 2016, 6:22 pm

[quote="Carl Skywalker"][quote="Sushi"]
Also the live chat on the front page doesn't work for me. I type in the box and i press send or return and it disappears without it adding to the chat.[/quote]
Unless I'm mistaken there is a post count requirement for the chat box. I believe it's 50.[/quote]
Hey, sorry I didn't see your reply sooner but thanks anyway.

Ive just been involved with someone else asking the same thing elsewhere and figured it out. Then seen this from you just after.... *Headdesks*
But it can't be 50 posts, I'm nowhere near that level and if you open the chatroom properly not just on the home page it says I've (well after posting this) 13 posts before it is unlocked.

Again Thanks.
Sushi

Postby Carl » September 26th, 2016, 6:31 pm

I never looked at the chat room prior to having like thousands of posts so I never actually saw a message like that on there. Glad you figured it out.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Return to Feedback & How-To