Awards ^_^

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Awards ^_^

Postby Athari » November 15th, 2009, 6:54 pm

There could also be most obsessed with a character, with an award for each character obsession.
by Jaynr

Love is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but trusting them not to.
Athari

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gone, never to return

Pride Points: 0

Postby Simba » November 15th, 2009, 11:02 pm

oooooo, sounds awesome!

well, since Mike's weekly art contest is just a contest for pictures, perhaps there should be art awards too. especially since there's quite a few who don't enter the contests.

oh! and perhaps like a 2nd and 3rd place in each categorey, maybe? since sometimes things get quite close between people in choosing. so recognizing the top 3 in each categorey would be awesome.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby KiarasMate » November 15th, 2009, 11:11 pm

I have to agree with Kivuli and say that making the awards based on a more general aspect is better, since there would be way too many awards to give out if we broke everything down to the littlest details. My thoughts would be an award for each section of the forum. i.e: Role Play, Fan Fiction, Fan Art (which Mike already has covered lol), Other Fan Made Creations, and perhaps an overall award for a member each month.

*tries not to steal Knarrly's Member Of The Month Idea*

but yeah, something along those lines of which member has contributed the most to MLK each month. Just my opinions though. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby CheetahCat » November 15th, 2009, 11:40 pm

This really sounds like a neat idea. :)

Just like what everyone else said, having a mixture of awards raging from, RP, Fan Fictions, AMVs/Other Media, Graphical Stuff. Things like that. ^^ Voting on members seems like a good idea as well, maybe make it like a poll for us to vote or send it through PM? Either way, I'm comfortable what the outcome will be.
:)
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby Mike » November 15th, 2009, 11:53 pm

These votes are going to be so close lol =) We have some truly awesome RPers/AMV makers, and Fan Artists, as well as awesome member s in general lol

One thing, do you think that each member should only be in the voting for one contest?
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby KingKivuli » November 15th, 2009, 11:56 pm

why not cycle the contest start with rp then next week its fan fic then so on so forth, a weekly thing that way each catagory has time to be observed, judged and all members can participate
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby KiarasMate » November 16th, 2009, 12:13 am

Sounds like a good idea KK. That way, each category won't get exhausted too quickly and as for Mike's question, I'd say, if you've won, that should put you out of the running for a specified amount of time, to give other members a chance to win. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Postby KingKivuli » November 16th, 2009, 12:15 am

how about after a win u get a 3 month ban from that category
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby MusicLion101 » November 16th, 2009, 12:18 am

there should totally be an award for getting rickrolled the most times in one week. or an award for pulling off at least 5 successful rickrolls in a week.
Laterrrr...

^
|
|
And don't forget it..

YOU LOST THE GAME
http://www.twitter.com/ML101
Follow me on Twitter
MusicLion101
Longest Ban Survivor

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby KiarasMate » November 16th, 2009, 12:21 am

[quote="KingKivuli"]how about after a win u get a 3 month ban from that category[/quote]

Sounds fair enough. :)A simple thread to keep tabs of who won what and when would work in that case and maybe an Awards section of the forum could be added, just to simplify things so members wouldn't have to look all over the forums to find each specific award thread for each area. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To