Messages Not Being Shown on Chat

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Messages Not Being Shown on Chat

Postby FireAndSun » September 21st, 2016, 5:51 pm

Every time I attempt to use the chat, my messages never show up. I press enter and, they just disappear. Is this an issue anyone else is experiencing, or is it just me? :?
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Re: Messages Not Being Shown on Chat

Postby FlipMode » September 21st, 2016, 6:42 pm

That's literally a problem ever since I joined MLK :D
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby FireAndSun » September 21st, 2016, 7:16 pm

I've experienced this issue before too. It's just been consistently happening for like 2 days now, and it's driving me up a wall. :D I don't know if it's an issue with the computer I'm using or what.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby Queen Elsa » September 22nd, 2016, 3:48 pm

I don't know if you've tried this or not, but what I do is I click on the "Chatroom" link at the bottom of the page. Oftentimes it will say I'm not logged in, so I'll re-login, and then it works just fine. Granted, I haven't posted in the chat in a long time, so I don't know if that would solve this problem or not. :P
Signature made by Marizzle.

I'm feeling...
ImageImageImage
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Your father, your tribe, your best friend

Nickname(s): Elsa, NKL, NalaKiaraLuver, QE, QI, Bulma
Pride Points: 57

Postby Sushi » September 23rd, 2016, 12:50 pm

I was just looking to post a topic about this myself.
Yea the thing just deletes everything i put in without posting it.

Not sure if i will use it, but it not working (more the not knowing why or if its something I am doing) that is bugging me.

Going to look into what Queen Elsa ^ above just said.
Edit
I need to obtain 17 more posts before I can access the feature.

Is this i need to post 17 more times? Be quoted by someone or have been replied to 17 more times. Im not sure.
Do posts only in particular areas count towards this?
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Postby fallen prince nuka » September 25th, 2016, 5:14 pm

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I've never used the chat but now I know it doesint work when I try to make a message on the chat. And because I'm still new and learning how the site works, I didint know other people were having this issue. :?
Image ImageImageImage
fallen prince nuka
always tired.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): (call me Nuka)
Pride Points: 1

Postby Sushi » September 26th, 2016, 6:17 pm

[quote="fallen prince nuka"]The same thing happened to me yesterday. I've never used the chat but now I know it doesint work when I try to make a message on the chat. And because I'm still new and learning how the site works, I didint know other people were having this issue. :?[/quote]

Yea, I'm working it out myself. As I said in my last post here it tells me I've to make 17 more posts before i have access to it. Im assuming you will get the same message too.

On the bottom bar with Forum, Wiki, FAA and so on. Open up the one that says chatroom and see what that says. Mine is counting down each time I post so checking after posting this it should be down to 14 posts before I have access to it.
Sushi

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Return to Feedback & How-To