Contest Highlights

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Contest Highlights

Postby Azdgari » April 7th, 2018, 12:43 am

Hey all, I've been thinking it would be nice to bring more attention to contests MLK holds. I think contests bring out the best in a lot of us and motivate people to create really cool stuff! Right now, the writing competition is making a great comeback, and I think with some effort, other ones like the art contest could become mainstays again.

To that end, I think it would help draw attention to contests by having all 'voting rounds' be global stickies/announcements for their duration (e.g. are visible at the top of all forums at all times, much like the universal rules). I don't have a lot of control over the front page portion of the site, but I can talk to Moka about how hard it would be to keep updated links there too.

If anybody objects to this or has other related ideas, please let me know!
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Re: Contest Highlights

Postby FlipMode » April 7th, 2018, 1:37 am

Make a Twitter account for MLK and call it something like MLK Community or something.
Tweet out any new contests and voting rounds as well as any noteworthy fan created content that gets posted on MLK. Lion King fans have an account to follow that provides them a stream of great fan created content. They also hear about Mlk and may join or rejoin. The artist and authors get recognition.

That's the way I would do it personally. :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Contest Highlights

Postby DGFone » April 7th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Not so sure about clumping all of the contest voting rounds together will be a smart move, but if there is a way to post them in their correct section, then mirror the topic in the news and announcements? Not sure if that's feasible or not.

If not, might be worth giving it a shot just to see what happens. It's not like we have a lot of active contests right now to swarm the front page with, so it will be a slow start.

Also, +1 on the twitter idea, even if I myself don't use it, lol.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Return to Feedback & How-To