All-In-One Extreme Sports Thread

All-In-One Extreme Sports Thread

Postby FlipMode » January 16th, 2015, 4:20 pm

Thought it'd be nice to have an all in one thread to talk about extreme sports experiences.
That means things like mountain biking, Skydiving, surfing, wakeboarding, skating (boarding and inline etc), snowboarding and such.

This is the thread for those whose perfect holiday is a location famous for such

Me personally I LOVE pretty much all extreme sports. I used to watch them more but I've started to really get into them more recently.

In line skating and skateboarding I've always enjoyed. More recently I've got into mountain biking.
In a few months time I'll be Skydiving, I also plan to try hang gliding and snowboarding soon.

How about you people?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: All-In-One Extreme Sports Thread

Postby it means no worries » January 20th, 2015, 10:53 pm

I do judo and motorbiking and very occasionally BASE jumping. Im also about to start BJJ and MMA.
Last edited by it means no worries on February 24th, 2016, 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Gemini » August 18th, 2015, 10:07 pm

Haven't snowboarded in a while but I have to say the most fun I had doing it was in 2011 when my dad's then-girlfriend invited us to Whistler. She had a timeshare there and went every year. We never get to do stuff like that on our own so obviously we came along.

For those that don't know, Whistler is where they had the 2010 Winter Olympics, and it's the biggest ski/snowboard resort in North America. I think the base elevation is like 9000' or somewhere thereabouts and the mountain is HUGE so it's great for wintersports. There's also biking and stuff in the summer. But yeah, the snow was super fresh and powdery and amazing and I actually finally figured out how to do toeside turns there. lol Good times for sure.

Except when I got lost on the bus alone and had to walk around the snowy, empty outskirts of town while it was dark trying to find my dad and his girlfriend... that wasn't so fun but that's a different story. lol I was a sad, strange little 12 year old indeed. xD
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Carl » February 24th, 2016, 4:35 am

Most people don't know this but I actually have a skateboard. I was trying to learn to balance on the thing back in high school but never really had a good place to... I'm thinking when it gets warm here soon I'll take the thing over to the church next door and practice in the parking lot. It'll take me a while to make any progress most likely, and stunts aren't likely to happen, but, y'know. That's a thing.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby FlipMode » February 24th, 2016, 12:01 pm

Skateboarding is fun, I used to skate when I was a bit younger. I will say it now: it's pretty hard. Not hard as in I fall off all the time but hard as in I can't control the rotation of the board for flip tricks and stuff, there's a specific foot movement to do certain things and I can't do it lol. But they're fun to get around on yeah.

I went skydiving in the end btw, it was awesome! Highly recommend it to anyone who has thought about doing it.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Gemini » November 30th, 2016, 5:12 am

Update on this thread - I tried downhill mountain biking with my dad a few months ago. He's been into bikes his whole life (actually competed in BMX at one point) and so it was a big deal for him. I found it to be quite a lot of fun, but admittedly it's really very intense! Ended up pretty scraped and sore, but I got a nice scar on my back to show for it though. :)

Hate those berms, however - augh!

Also, in other news, from the 10th to the 17th I'm going to be with my university's Ski/Snowboard club! It'll be a week (including the bus trip) and I'll have about five days of great powder in Big Sky, Montana. I'm super pumped, especially since I haven't been snowboarding in a couple of years.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Return to The Den