Fluffy?

Fluffy?

Postby iluvnala » December 17th, 2010, 7:56 am

Ive been researching who fluffy is and then i came across this it is very interesting and because of this my theorie of simbas children goes fluffy (and the disney directores said that at the end of the lion king 1 when rafiki holds up the child its fluffy),kopa then kiara because
I have come across is that Zira murdered him.

This explaination covers a lot of ground, such as the reason of Zira and her pride's exile and the reason why Simba's so overprotective of his daughter. Zira most likely killed him for the same reason why she wanted to kill Simba: to make Kovu king.

In the begginning of the movie, it's Kiara's first time wandering out in the Pridelands on her own, she is soon stopped by her father to be lectured about where her boundaries are. The following conversation takes place:

Simba: ...and stay away from the Outlands.

Zazu: Nothing there but a bunch or backstabbing, murderous outsiders.

Simba: Zazu's right, you can't turn you're back on them.

Kiara: Really how come?

Simba: *sigh* nevermind, just run along now...

Notice how Zazu says the word murderous and that Simba avoids the rest of the conversation. I think Simba gave the outlanders a second chance and let them stay in the Pridelands, but Zira backstabbed him by murdering his son and was therefore exiled to the Outlands. Simba probably didn't want to talk about the tragedy of his son or felt that Kiara wasn't ready to learn about a brother she never got to have, or maybe a combination of both. Either way, I find it most believable if Kopa was murdered.

If you know any more of simbas kids what are there names
iluvnala

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): nalagirl
Pride Points: 0

Re: Fluffy?

Postby Moka » December 17th, 2010, 8:14 am

Yes, Disney employees had named the cub Fluffy at the end of The Lion King, but it was merely a joke. I like your theory, and there are other what-we-call references to Simba having a cub before Kiara in The Lion King 2, such as the "Zira: If you need your pound of flesh...here." quote, but I still believe the creators of Simba's Pride wanted the cub at the beginning of the movie to be the same one as the cub at the end of The Lion King. Perhaps they didn't even realize the timeline errors or they didn't know TLK:6NA existed.

Anyway, here is a nice diagram of all of "Simba's cubs", because you asked. I believe Tima drew it.
Attachments
file.jpg
Simba's Cubs
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Chumvikingpride » December 17th, 2010, 11:07 am

should really someone Disney just inform us!XD

I don't know if I have a problem view, but it seems that baby simba resembles "fluffy" at the end...
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Chumvikingpride=Dragon ball z,Digimon, Jayce and TWW fan!
Android 17 forever! hamtaro rocks!
Chumvikingpride

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Am I a demon? In any case, I like the evil!

Nickname(s): gaga,Hamtaro,BigBraining
Pride Points: 8

Postby crystally » December 17th, 2010, 12:46 pm

Going by the name, I think fluffy is just a nickname.
crystally

Pride Points: 1

Postby Moka » December 17th, 2010, 7:56 pm

[quote="Chumvikingpride"]should really someone Disney just inform us!XD[/quote]

It will forever be a topic of discussion in The Lion King fandom :D
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby WildSimba » December 17th, 2010, 9:33 pm

That is a very good view of what your opinion is. I agree with you quite a bit there, and I kind of thought the same thing, mostly. But this has always been, and always seemed to have been one of the big mysterys TLK put out there.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby SuperBabySimba » December 18th, 2010, 12:07 pm

Of course Fluffy is just a nickname but it's still the cub's canon NAME because it's not supposed to have a real name in its own film. It was never ever officially Kopa in the film universe.

None of that fanfiction babble is needed. There is no ground needed to be covered in the film.

Zira's exile is fully explained in the film itself. Pay attention, please. She was obsessively in love with Scar and thus there is no doubt she would be a threat, resulting in more than enough reason for Simba to exile her after what Scar had done. The rest were simply Scar's heir and thus not trustworthy in Simba's eyes. Why the hell would Simba wait around for anothe rmurder (besides Mufasa's) to happen before he'd do what he thinks is right. Remember how he had never been guided into adulthood and parenthood and during his exile years he'd forsaken any lessons his father had time to teach him while Timon and Pumba corrupted him with their motto. Later in this post I go into the whole murderous matter and what if Simba did give them a second chance. NO KOPA.

And Simba's over-protectiveness is also fully explainavble by the psychology of his growing-up story and character development with the first film alone. Use your intelligence instead of your daydreams. SP is a SEQUEL to TLK and thus everything deeper in TLK applies to SP and not just the cub's design in the last few seconds!!! Hence, how he had never been guided into adulthood, much less into parenthood, had not emotionally grown up during those years in exile, but yet was all the sudden yanked away from all of it and huge responsibilities were thrust upon him as an adult and father. Then there was Scar who'd taught him that wolf may lurk in every guise. And all his childhood dangers which by the way were literally pointed out in the SP film. The cub's design is utterly insignificant.

[quote]Notice how Zazu says the word murderous and that Simba avoids the rest of the conversation. ... I find it most believable if Kopa was murdered.[/quote]

Oh, gees. There's an entire, lengthy post in the Kopa topic of the Characters section here, making clear all the reasons why it is downright impossible that Zira would've killed any cub of Simba and Nala's. Two of the best points being that if Nala had a child that was murdered, she would NOT be that calm and careless and secure about having her other little child running around the Pride Lands. And if they had a cub who was murdered, they would NOT leave Kiara's protection in the hands of a warthog and meerkat!!!! Goddamnit! Sorry, sorry, I'll take a breath now...

And Zazu indeed said murderOUS, not murderERS. All it takes to be labeled as murderOUS is a failed attempt to kill/murder somebody. Which in this case most likely would've been Simba himself in revenge of him killing Scar and in order to regain Kovu's place as the next king as Zira said Kovu had been born and hand-chosen by Scar just before Simba returned.

There was reason enough to avoid the rest of the discussion in the fact that Kiara was too young to understand the concept of death and betrayal. The whole story of Scar, Mufasa, Simba and she certainly didn't need to find out that someone had tried to murder her Daddy dearest.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Postby simba86 » December 18th, 2010, 8:32 pm

I don't think the people who made tlk2 realy cared about continuing tlk because if they did simba would have had his other cubs instead of suddenly having kiara. they continued the story the way they wanted to.
drawn by TheDoctor
drawn by kari
simba86

http://www.petitiononline.com/spirit2/petition.htm

Pride Points: 1

Postby FlipMode » December 18th, 2010, 9:39 pm

Sounds kind of like an "Alan Smithee" (Goggle is your friend if you want to know about it) to me.
Although in this case, it applies to the name of a character.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby SuperBabySimba » December 18th, 2010, 9:40 pm

[quote="simba86"]I don't think the people who made tlk2 realy cared about continuing tlk because if they did simba would have had his other cubs instead of suddenly having kiara. they continued the story the way they wanted to.[/quote]

I don't think ignoring some random fan/outsider made spin-off book series is a sign of not caring to continue a story of a movie. Please take note that TLK2 is not a sequel to The Lion King. It is a movie sequel to The Lion King MOVIE, and in that canon the cub has no real name or gender, so there was no other cubs to use. There was just the canon cub just waiting for its official name and gender and they decided it's a girl named Kiara. They totally cared to continue the story. They respected everything that's truly essential; they made clear the kingdom wouldn't just go all happy and serene after Scar's death, and they took every bit of Simba's psychology into it directly from the first film and gave it a lot of realistic room to show, they realized there'd need to have been some lions born and growing up during the years of Scar's reign and also brought them in, and they wanted to tribute the first film by basing also the sequel on a play by Shakespeare. I do think they could've done a lot better in animation and some details, but in my eyes they totally cared and succeeded to a far extent.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Next

Return to The Characters