Fluffy?

Re: Fluffy?

Postby SuperBabySimba » December 31st, 2010, 11:29 pm

I personally think that if the authors of The Chronicles of Pride Lands had offered their stories for Disney, they might have very well got published. At least if Disney considers TLK targeted at adults at all instead of just wanting illustrated, simple childrens' books. Because those stories are really talentedly written and quality stories as far as I've read them. But they wouldn't publish them anymore because they've already been published non-profitly.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby Jiirani » December 31st, 2010, 11:37 pm

Ah, The Chronicles of the Pridelands looks good, I never got the chance to properlly read them, just a few chapters. It's a shame that they couldn't be published, they would make great books

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby PrincessKiara » January 1st, 2011, 12:42 am

[quote="Jiirani"]I'm not exactly sure what else there is to say other than Kopa, kiara and Fluffy in the end are all different characters, because like you said before Kiara hadn't been created when Fluffy was x3 Lol, Fluffy x3[/quote]

I know Kiara hadn`t been created when TLK came out, but in my opinion you can`t count Fluffy/the cub at the end of TLK as a separate character. The way it works in the movie universe, Kiara = Fluffy. The cub at the end of TLK became Kiara in the movie SP and Kopa in TLK6NA.

-----------

You can argue about the gender of the cub at the end of TLK, but the FACT is that in Simba`s Pride Nala and Simba had a girl cub, Kiara. The cub at the end of TLK was just put there to mark how the Circle of Life is completed and Simba and Nala lived happily ever after. The gender/name of this cub is not confirmed in the movie, so when the sequel was being written they could easily make Simba and Nalas cub a girl named Kiara because in the movies it was never stated that they had a son.

So.. Movie universe - Simba and Nala have a daughter named Kiara.
Book universe - Simba and Nala have a son named Kopa.

No, Kopa does not appear in the movies.. Nor does there seem to be any record of any of the writers or animators who worked on TLK mentioning him anywhere. It sure seems as if they didn`t know about the books, or have chosen not to comment on them.

Well, the FACT is that Kopa appears in a series of books with the Disney logo on them, so I say he counts as an official character, wether anyone who worked on TLK knows about him or not. I honestly don`t think the animators and writers are interested in TLK merchandise.

..Sorry, I probably didn`t add anything to the discussion, I`m just so sick of this topic I had to blow off some steam. I`ll just leave this thread now. :P
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Jiirani » January 1st, 2011, 1:13 am

Yes I know that, I count Fluffy = Kiara, but considering SP isn't canon as it wasn't made by the same people, Fluffy techincally is only Fluffy, because the creaters named him so.

Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Postby SuperBabySimba » January 1st, 2011, 1:31 am

[quote="PrincessKiara"]Well, the FACT is that Kopa appears in a series of books with the Disney logo on them, so I say he counts as an official character, wether anyone who worked on TLK knows about him or not.[/quote]

That is very true, he is definately an official TLK character by the Disney's The Lion King stamp on his books. He's just not an official movie character, well, not a movie character at all. :P

[quote="Jiirani"]Yes I know that, I count Fluffy = Kiara, but considering SP isn't canon as it wasn't made by the same people, Fluffy techincally is only Fluffy, because the creaters named him so.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. Exceot that it's not 'him' - it's 'it' or 'the cub' if wanted to refer to it according to its accurate lack of identity. :P
Image Image

SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Postby Jiirani » January 1st, 2011, 1:37 am

Sorry lol, that was rushed. I usually refer to babies of any gender as 'it' x3 Not really x3 But yeah, the cub is Fluffy because Kiara wasn't created at the time Fluffy was

Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Postby SuperBabySimba » January 1st, 2011, 2:16 am

Yeah.

But what about that Chaka-intented-brother-of-Kiara info? The only source of information for it I have found is The Unofficial The Lion King Character Encyclopedia. But hence, the word UNOFFICIAL. So why the hell does anyone trust that source? It does state "Walt Disney Corp." as source for the Chaka character information, but it doesn't state where exactly the source is. Anyone can say "source Walt Disney Corp." without it actually being the source. Was it Disney's official site? Or what? If so, why not say it in the source information?

But sure it would make sense that they might have first considered to have two cubs in SP and the boy would've been Fluffy, as the scripts naturally develop a lot during production and Kiara is designed so differently from Fluffy. But still, I would demand an undeniably official checkable source before I'd go around announcing something as a fact of production. o.O

Why would they redesign Fluffy in the end when they decided Simba and Nala would have only one cub - I guess they trusted that most fans would be interested in listening to the commentary track of the first film and by that find out that the cub at the end has no gender and name and thus that in the story aspects it wouldn't really matter what they make it look like. Sadly, they were horribly wrong.
Image Image

SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Postby crystally » January 2nd, 2011, 3:31 am

It's simple, guys. The original movie didn't bother to give the cub a gender or name because they didn't plan for a sequel. The cub was just there to render the circle of life complete. It appeared to be male because that's what seemed right at the moment (just a "default" gender). Then the movie was unexpectedly successful and they wanted to make a sequel, so they retconned the ending of the movie and made the cub a female. Simple as that. Happened a lot in fictions.
crystally

Pride Points: 1

Postby atouchofgrace » January 2nd, 2011, 3:32 am

[quote="crystally"]It's simple, guys. The original movie didn't bother to give the cub a gender or name because they didn't plan for a sequel. The cub was just there to render the circle of life complete. It appeared to be male because that's what seemed right at the moment (just a "default" gender). Then the movie was unexpectedly successful and they wanted to make a sequel, so they retconned the ending of the movie and made the cub a female. Simple as that.[/quote]
^^ This.
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby xLilacVixenx » January 2nd, 2011, 4:06 am

[quote="crystally"]It's simple, guys. The original movie didn't bother to give the cub a gender or name because they didn't plan for a sequel. The cub was just there to render the circle of life complete. It appeared to be male because that's what seemed right at the moment (just a "default" gender). Then the movie was unexpectedly successful and they wanted to make a sequel, so they retconned the ending of the movie and made the cub a female. Simple as that. Happened a lot in fictions.[/quote]

^ This.

I don't really see what this discussion is about anymore.
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Pride Points: 13

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters