Fluffy?

Re: Fluffy?

Postby Arani » December 28th, 2010, 11:04 pm

Ok, for starters I agree with QV on the argument topic. :P

And staying on topic, I agree that Kopa=Fluffy. (Who would name their child fluffy?) 0_o... Anyways, it makes complete sense, especially with the whole Zazu "Merderous outsiders." thing and Simba being WAY to over protective. I can see some points here too, like why would Nala be so calm about letting Kiara go off on her own? Well a cub has to have freedom. In the animal world animals, that includs cubs, get killed all the time! It's just a part of the Circle Of Life. I think the people who wrote TLK 2 were trying to stay somewhat close to real life animal behavior. I mean, even in the theatre on this site for TLK 2 production, they say that they closely study each animal they are using in the film. So ya there's my opinion. I think that Zira DID kill Kopa and that Kopa was the lion cub at the end of TLK 1 and I am pretty sure that Kope=Fluffy, Fluffy is just a nickname. ^_^
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby FlipMode » December 28th, 2010, 11:10 pm

It is Kiara in the film, but at the time has no true identity. That is the fact of the matter, and thus is what I believe to be true. Still there is plenty of logical reasons to think otherwise
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Arani » December 28th, 2010, 11:14 pm

I think that you could be right, but in my opinion they werent planning to make a second movie or Kopa WAS supposed to be in the second movie but it didn't work out. And at the end of TLK 1 it's Kopa. Just my opinion of course. ^_^ I mean if you look at it closely the cub looks a lot more like Kopa than Kiara...
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jiirani » December 28th, 2010, 11:16 pm

FM's right. Fluffy has to be Kiara because the creators of SP made it so. End of. But, if you still believe Kopa has some part in the movies, why not say he was born after Kiara when SP ended, and so he doesn't have to die :(

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby Arani » December 28th, 2010, 11:19 pm

Again, I think that they may have wanted Kope in the second film but it didn't work out, or they weren't even planning to make a second movie so they put Kopa as the cub at the end of the first movie...
Arani

Postby atouchofgrace » December 28th, 2010, 11:23 pm

[quote="Arani"]so they put Kopa as the cub at the end of the first movie...[/quote]
No. The books were written AFTER the movie got out.
And no, there was no sequel planned at the time the first movie was being made.
Aside from the crew, everyone at Disney thought TLK was meant to be a failure why even bother with a sequel?
Either way, they don't plan sequels while they make the originals. How will they predict success? You don't see a sequel for "The Black Cauldron"...
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby FlipMode » December 28th, 2010, 11:36 pm

[quote="Arani"]I think that you could be right, but in my opinion they werent planning to make a second movie or Kopa WAS supposed to be in the second movie but it didn't work out. And at the end of TLK 1 it's Kopa. Just my opinion of course. ^_^ I mean if you look at it closely the cub looks a lot more like Kopa than Kiara...[/quote]

That is exactly what I mean in my post, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that the cub is indeed Kopa. I mean everyone assumed the cub would be a male after all, but then maybe the story writers had thought "Oh hey we could have a Romeo and Juliet type story if we make it female" thus, it is Kiara in SP.
Really the only people who know the real answer are the film makers (I dare to think that the Diamond Edition will have more extras making more questions lol), but since they have not really said anything about it, other than make the sequel with a female cub we can assume that it is Kiara.

Sure 6NA was approved by Disney for profit, but that is all we can assume it is, profit fan-fiction until we have evidence of Disney saying "Yes 6NA is part of the TLK story". No offence to the 6NA writers but anyone could have written a fictional tale of how Scar got his scar and pass it off as truth, I mean it would be much less impressive if the books started with "Hey none of this is part of the TLK story, it is purely written from fan perspectives" but at the same time, that does not mean it is not the case.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Jiirani » December 28th, 2010, 11:44 pm

Yeah, i never thought of that, but the Diamond Edition might have some good info on it, after all TLK hasn't been released on DVD since like 10 years ago, and i bet a lot of questions have popped up in that time.

But yeah, I suppose 'Fluffy' could be whatever you want it to be. Some people will say he;s Kiara because she was in the second movie, some argue it's Kopa, some people might even go with it being Tanabi or Chaka, it depends on what you think really.

Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Postby atouchofgrace » December 28th, 2010, 11:48 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]I dare to think that the Diamond Edition will have more extras making more questions[/quote]
Sadly, I think they'll just include those Laserdisc special features plus some from the 2003 DVD. The Laserdisc got out in 1995. Look at what they did with "Beauty and the Beast". Laserdisc + DVD = Blu-Ray. New features? Some. But nothing special. Some games and a music video.
If that's the case with TLK ---> :x
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby Jiirani » December 28th, 2010, 11:50 pm

I hope that doesn't happen D:>

Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters