Fluffy?

Re: Fluffy?

Postby SuperBabySimba » December 29th, 2010, 6:25 am

[quote="Ushujaa"][quote="Amanda"]We do read them, we just choose not to answer with our own opinions because if we do we know we'll get attacked by another 92903848 word paragraph...[/quote]

^^ this[/quote]

Attacked? Are you afraid, incapable of or unwilling to take part in a constructive discussion/debate with facts involved instead of just fantasy? I mean, this particular topic is about who Fluffy is, who it could be and what happened to it, and thus the facts play a very essential part.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby Ushujaa » December 29th, 2010, 6:37 am

[quote="SuperBabySimba"]
Attacked? Are you afraid, incapable of or unwilling to take part in a constructive discussion/debate with facts involved instead of just fantasy? I mean, this particular topic is about who Fluffy is, who it could be and what happened to it, and thus the facts play a very essential part.[/quote]

no we just don't like your opinion being forced on everyone else, (such as trying to get the whole character section changed) even if you support your opinion with "facts" you probably found on sites such as Wikipedia, or anything else that can be changed by anyone. everytime someone says something you disagree with it's back to the same stupid argument *Oh well the creators said this* *Well, the books aren't official Disney books* We've heard all this before, come up with some new information or stop trolling

i'm not saying you shouldn't have the right to say what you want to say, just find something new to support your argument, because it gets old reading the same stuff over and over again in all your posts
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Postby SuperBabySimba » December 29th, 2010, 7:37 am

[quote="Ushujaa"]no we just don't like your opinion being forced on everyone else, (such as trying to get the whole character section changed) even if you support your opinion[/quote]

And the fandom's creators & the main universe's intent. It's not just my opinion, it is also the most official source's intent/means. And that is what ought to make a huge difference in how bad it is to "force" it on "everyone" else when discussing what is officially canon. Because their intent is the heart of the official canon.

Even though Kopa isn't and can not logically be canon, the facts that say so and thus disprove your personal beliefs, could thrust you into finding new, exciting and perhaps actually believable ways to fanon-connect Kopa into the official story. But you don't seem to be interested in letting that happen but only in desperately hanging on to your wish that Kopa was canon. That's really much more limiting and imagination killing than anything I or others agreeing with me could ever do to you.

[quote="Ushujaa"]with "facts" you probably found on sites such as Wikipedia, or anything else that can be changed by anyone.[/quote]

You just revealed you haven't been reading my posts. I have never refered to Wikipedia or similar site as a source of information when I've thrown in something I consider a fact, yet I have always refered to my source. The only web site I recall refering to is Alex Simmons' personal web site (I even link to it most of the time) which certainly can't be edited by just anyone. It even has his contact information, so if you doubt the site, contact the guy. The rest of my sources of facts have been the movies themselves and the commentary track by the film makers, as in the tier 1 and 2 canons and you can't get more factual source than that.

[quote="Ushujaa"]everytime someone says something you disagree with it's back to the same stupid argument *Oh well the creators said this* *Well, the books aren't official Disney books* We've heard all this before, come up with some new information or stop trolling[/quote]

Or perhaps you should stop ignoring the facts and instead start looking for more believable and who knows maybe even more fun ways to love Kopa. It might offer a heck of a lot colour for everyone and everything. Try to see that accepting and regarding the facts in this case really ought not to be anything away from you but it seems like it could offer you more.

[quote="Ushujaa"]i'm not saying you shouldn't have the right to say what you want to say, just find something new to support your argument, because it gets old reading the same stuff over and over again in all your posts[/quote]

But I have. In my previous post I just wrote a lengthy reasoning about how SP's timeline and Kopa's and Kovu's ages make Kopa's existence in the entity of the movie universe, impossible. I even made a note myself in the post that they are points I haven't made before. And I'm sorry but as long as you guys keep on repeating and discussing your illogic theories and trying to force book universe characters into existing in TLK movie stills, I (and others) are entitled to repeat and throw in our own "broken records" that are the facts...
Image Image

SuperBabySimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Postby atouchofgrace » December 29th, 2010, 9:41 pm

[quote="SuperBabySimba"]And I'm sorry but as long as you guys keep on repeating and discussing your illogic theories and trying to force book universe characters into existing in TLK movie stills, I (and others) are entitled to repeat and throw in our own "broken records" that are the facts...[/quote]

Sorry, I have to agree with this. You guys are always posting the same theories and opinions. If SuperBabySimba doesn't agree with them, he has the right to reply, even if it is the 1000th time he posts the same thing. If the same subject is always on topic and is always exactly the same, he has the right to post his opinion.
(I'm not saying this because I'm anti-Kopa or something. I'm not. I don't care about him, never even read more than two lines from the books. Same thing about Kiara. Last time I watched SP was 6 years ago and I don't like it.)
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby Chumvikingpride » December 29th, 2010, 9:47 pm

a brothel(sorry for the word) as it to determine whether it is Kopa or Kiara, must stop guys...
ImageImage
Chumvikingpride=Dragon ball z,Digimon, Jayce and TWW fan!
Android 17 forever! hamtaro rocks!
Chumvikingpride

Am I a demon? In any case, I like the evil!

Nickname(s): gaga,Hamtaro,BigBraining
Pride Points: 8

Postby xLilacVixenx » December 29th, 2010, 9:50 pm

And as you guys say it, "People have a right to say their opinion...and the other person has the right to say it sucks." Sooo you guys have a problem with your own rule? Because it's beginning to look like that. And SuperBabySimba is doing you a favor by giving you information that explains clearly. You guys are just ungrateful. I don't care if you don't agree with him, just understand that he's going through all this trouble to help you understand what he thinks and what he thinks is true. (:
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Pride Points: 13

Postby Chumvikingpride » December 29th, 2010, 9:53 pm

[quote="xLilacVixenx"]And as you guys say it, "People have a right to say their opinion...and the other person has the right to say it sucks." Sooo you guys have a problem with your own rule? Because it's beginning to look like that. And SuperBabySimba is doing you a favor by giving you information that explains clearly. You guys are just ungrateful. I don't care if you don't agree with him, just understand that he's going through all this trouble to help you understand what he thinks and what he thinks is true. (:[/quote]

fully agree
ImageImage
Chumvikingpride=Dragon ball z,Digimon, Jayce and TWW fan!
Android 17 forever! hamtaro rocks!
Chumvikingpride

Am I a demon? In any case, I like the evil!

Nickname(s): gaga,Hamtaro,BigBraining
Pride Points: 8

Postby atouchofgrace » December 29th, 2010, 9:54 pm

[quote="xLilacVixenx"]And as you guys say it, "People have a right to say their opinion...and the other person has the right to say it sucks." Sooo you guys have a problem with your own rule? Because it's beginning to look like that. And SuperBabySimba is doing you a favor by giving you information that explains clearly. You guys are just ungrateful. I don't care if you don't agree with him, just understand that he's going through all this trouble to help you understand what he thinks and what he thinks is true. (:[/quote]

I agree with you xLilacVixenx (btw, love your avvie and siggy! Belle <3)
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby xLilacVixenx » December 29th, 2010, 9:57 pm

[quote="atouchofgrace"][quote="xLilacVixenx"]And as you guys say it, "People have a right to say their opinion...and the other person has the right to say it sucks." Sooo you guys have a problem with your own rule? Because it's beginning to look like that. And SuperBabySimba is doing you a favor by giving you information that explains clearly. You guys are just ungrateful. I don't care if you don't agree with him, just understand that he's going through all this trouble to help you understand what he thinks and what he thinks is true. (:[/quote]

I agree with you xLilacVixenx (btw, love your avvie and siggy! Belle <3)[/quote]

I know, right? *Huggles Belle* :nehneh:

Anyhow, I'm not sure of my opinions of Fluffy...he was just a concept idea in my opinion. (:
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Pride Points: 13

Postby SuperBabySimba » December 30th, 2010, 2:10 pm

[quote="xLilacVixenx"]Anyhow, I'm not sure of my opinions of Fluffy...he was just a concept idea in my opinion. (:[/quote]

I think it's clear that Fluffy wasn't supposed to be anyone more specific that "Simba and Nala's new little cub". It's in the fact that they indeed didn't bother to give it a name or even decide whoch gender it is. Not to mention that in some of the making-of documentaries they confess they expected TLK to be a film no one cares about, a failure. So of course they wouldn't be hoping for sequels or think of a name and gender to a character that appears in the film for only some 10 seconds. =P

Just the Simba-look-alikeness and fur colour really isn't about the gender. It could be like, a black man and white woman having a daughter who happens to get his father's skin colour and look more like him than her mother. As Scar and Mufasa are proving, that colour gene isn't sticking to a straight line and not both of them could've looked like the same parent.

I also think that the fact that they didn't want to label Fluffy's gender is obvious in how even though they did design it to look a lot like Simba (and thus look like a boy), they made two noticable differences:
1.) Fluffy has ear rings but baby Simba didn't while baby Simba was the only example we had of a baby boy. That could make a viewer think it might actually be a girl - especially if the viewer had noticed that Sarabi has ear rings.
2.) Baby Simba had paint on his forehead when he was held up by Rafiki, but Fluffy doesn't have paint what-so-ever. This could make a viewer wonder what's going on, because we had seen the paint is an essential part of the ceremony and should've happened by that point.

Lol. If I didn't know better, I'd think they actually meant to hint that the cub is a girl, but as they have literally said that it's just Fluffy and didn't call it either he or she, it is evident they weren't hinting anything more than the fact that it could be either gender - whatever a viewer prefers.
Image Image

SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters