Page 2 of 5

Re: Mheetu revealed?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2011, 8:10 pm
by PrincessKiara
Personally, I don` think that`s Mheetu. I think that if it was supposed to be him, his name would have been mentioned in the comic.

Also, if that`s supposed to be Mheetu, why is he depicted as a baby? I thought he was supposed to be older than that. Younger than Nala, but not an infant..?

There`s no reference to the baby cub at all, no gender, no name.. But in other TLK comics there have been appearances by cubs (both Simbas age and younger) and no info has been given about them either. So I think this is just another one of those random comic cubs.

But I don`t really consider Mheetu as a character, because he doesn`t appear anywhere. Why would he suddenly make an appearence in a TLK comic? And why wouldn`t the writer make it clear that this baby cub was Mheetu?

Re: Mheetu revealed?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2011, 8:17 pm
by SuperBabySimba
PrincessKiara wrote:But I don`t really consider Mheetu as a character, because he doesn`t appear anywhere. Why would he suddenly make an appearence in a TLK comic? And why wouldn`t the writer make it clear that this baby cub was Mheetu?


^This. Mheetu was cut out before The Lion King was even titled The Lion King or was anywhere near the plot it is today.

Re: Mheetu revealed?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2011, 8:23 pm
by Jiirani
He's still my fav character xD And I know he isn't even a character himself x3 But Mheetu was always a favourite of mine <3 So yeah, I think it's Mheetu, even though all your points are valid :) And considering he was cut, his age doesn't matter x3 But I think it's Mheetu, just so I can believe he was actually in something, even if I know it's not true x3

Re: Mheetu revealed?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2011, 8:33 pm
by PrincessKiara
Jiirani wrote:He's still my fav character xD And I know he isn't even a character himself x3 But Mheetu was always a favourite of mine <3 So yeah, I think it's Mheetu, even though all your points are valid :) And considering he was cut, his age doesn't matter x3 But I think it's Mheetu, just so I can believe he was actually in something, even if I know it's not true x3


I understand that. Afterall, there is nothing in the comic saying it`s NOT Mheetu either, lol.

Re: Mheetu revealed?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2011, 8:34 pm
by Jiirani
Yeah, I guess x3 He's probably just there to taunt us x3

Re: Mheetu revealed?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2011, 8:44 pm
by Kash
SuperBabySimba wrote:Yes, the Laserdisc does show that concept art as intented for Mheetu as well. And yes, he is cute. ^^

PS. This topic belongs to Beyond The Lion King as this has nothing to do with the movie's content. :)


I realized that after I had posted it D: Sorry for that XD It won't happen again seeing as I'm new to posting here.

Re: Mheetu revealed?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2011, 8:52 pm
by VitaniCubbeh
May I ask, who is Mheetu..? x.x

Re: Mheetu revealed?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2011, 8:53 pm
by KingKovu44
maikkari wrote:May I ask, who is Mheetu..? x.x


He was Nala's little brother in an early version of the first movie.

Re: Mheetu revealed?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2011, 8:57 pm
by VitaniCubbeh
KingKovu44 wrote:
maikkari wrote:May I ask, who is Mheetu..? x.x


He was Nala's little brother in an early version of the first movie.



Oh, ok. Thanks for quick and clear response ! :)

Re: Mheetu revealed?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2011, 8:57 pm
by VitaniCubbeh
KingKovu44 wrote:
maikkari wrote:May I ask, who is Mheetu..? x.x


He was Nala's little brother in an early version of the first movie.



Oh, ok. Thanks for quick and clear response ! :)