Sarabi and Scar

Sarabi and Scar

Postby PrincessKiara » April 16th, 2011, 12:01 pm

Something I`ve been pondering lately...

What kind of relationship do you think Sarabi had with Scar? I`m NOT suggesting they were ever in love/a couple, I`m just wondering what you guys think Sarabi thought of him.

We know that when Scar was king, he was very mean and even violent to Sarabi. But what about before all that happened? Do you think they had any contact at all?
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Sarabi and Scar

Postby Jiirani » April 16th, 2011, 12:32 pm

Hm, well they grew up in the same Pride (I'd imagine they did anyway.) so they probably did have some form of a relationship beforehand. Like maybe Scar and Sarabi were friends growing up, but he began to distance himself from everyone later on? How knows. The fact that Sarabi was the one that he called out about the shortage in food may have only been because she was the leader of the hunting party, or because she had once been queen. (Other than the fact that it was important to the story) I like to believe that Mufasa, Scar, Sarabi and maybe even Sarafina had been friends at one point as cubs, but hey, that just me.

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby StarlightLioness » April 16th, 2011, 6:29 pm

I think Sarabi, Mufasa and Scar/Taka grew up together. I really don't see Sarabi as being that much different in age from Mufasa and Scar. They may have been friends before Scar became distant and jealous. Once Mufasa died, I think Scar looked to her to keep the hunting parties going. I imagine her as a strong huntress. Also, if we assume that Zira was Scar's queen, we have to also imagine that none of the Prideland lionesses would have accepted/followed Zira. But they WOULD have followed Sarabi because they knew her as a gentle and caring queen. So when Scar "calls out" Sarabi during the food shortage, he is blaming her for the failure a) because she is assumed to be a strong huntress and b) because she is presumably in charge of the hunting parties since they trust her and are used to following her lead as a queen.

So I think, Scar merely tolerated her existance once he took the throne. He used her (not to breed with - thankfully 'cause ewww no - mating with your dead brother's widow) to keep the other lionesses in line and for the hunting parties.
"Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars. So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I." ~ Mufasa
StarlightLioness
Super Geek

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Nickname(s): Deadly Chakram everywhere else
Pride Points: 14

Postby KatieLovesTLK » April 16th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Well, I agree mostly with Jiirani. They did grow up with each other and I think they were friends. But I also think that Scar fell in love with Sarabi but Sarabi, of course, was in love with Mufasa. Being rejected by Sarabi could be another reason why he grew up to be jealous and hateful. That's just my opinion =)
Katie =) MLK ROCKS! "Its like you're back from the dead. You dont know how much this will mean to everyone. What it means to me" - Nala
KatieLovesTLK

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Katie, Love, KLT
Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasGuard » April 17th, 2011, 7:16 am

He was probably at least cordial to Sarabi, being she was to be his future sister-in law, and perhaps he even played with Mufasa and Sarabi when they were cubs, but he probably cared less for her than he did Mufasa. He probably relished the fact that his brother's mate had to hunt for him after he took over the kingdom.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » April 17th, 2011, 8:03 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]He was probably at least cordial to Sarabi, being she was to be his future sister-in law, and perhaps he even played with Mufasa and Sarabi when they were cubs, but he probably cared less for her than he did Mufasa. He probably relished the fact that his brother's mate had to hunt for him after he took over the kingdom.[/quote]

Good point.
I wouldn't be surprised if Scar effectively abused Sarabi simply because she was Mufasa's mate.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby PrincessKiara » April 17th, 2011, 10:31 am

I agree, I think Sarabi and Sarafina grew up with (and were friends with) Mufasa and Scar as cubs.
I don`t think Sarabi and Scar ever had a very close friendship, though. And I don`t think Scar was ever in love with her, but that`s just my opinion.

As adults, I don`t think Sarabi and Scar had much contact, Scar seems to have distanced himself from the pride, having only a little contact with Mufasa.. But I don`t think he had much reason to interact with Sarabi (before he became king)
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » May 10th, 2011, 1:05 am

I think that Sarabi and Scar/Taka were once friends. But then, Scar/Taka began to change and Sarabi grew distant from him. Then, as adults, Sarabi saw him as a disgrace of a lion who was not to be trusted. :3
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby changa » May 14th, 2011, 6:30 pm

Golden Liger has a theory involving Scar and Sarabi and making Zira: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Gold ... biZira.png XP
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
Avatar and siggy by RainbowDash, userbar by me.
changa
Mighty Pirate™!

How appropriate. You fight like a cow!

Nickname(s): AK, Mhuni, Hooly
Pride Points: 9

Postby Moka » May 14th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Personally I think Sarafina, Sarabi and Mufasa were bullies to Scar when they were cubs. I doubt Scar and Sarabi ever had a relationship of any kind. Scar was probably thrilled, as DGFone said, to treat Sarabi the way he did when he was king.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to The Characters