Characters like 'Ni'

Characters like 'Ni'

Postby MrsTimon » October 2nd, 2011, 9:49 pm

Hey guys, I've been watching some lion king youtube videos based on who people think Nala's father is and reading through the comments people are arguing all over the place about who it could be. Some say Ni was her father and others name random lions but others are saying it's official that Mufasa or Scar is the father since it came from the directors mouth.

I'm not totally familar with the books, but I've read here they aren't official. I've read about some of the characters (Esp Chumvi) but a lot of names are being mentioned that I haven't heard of like a lion called Leo aswell as the possible father. I'm not sure if Leo was in the books or just fan fiction but is it official that Mufasa or Scar is the father of Nala or could it be anyone's guess? I'm interested in some of these lions that youtubers are naming, wish I could see pictures of them but then again I'm not sure which are from the books and which are complete fan fiction.

But if 'Kopa' isn't official as simba's cub then that would mean none of the book characters are official as Nala's dad which could only leave Mufasa or Scar..I'm confused lol :(
MrsTimon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Characters like 'Ni'

Postby SweetNala » October 2nd, 2011, 10:11 pm

if the books didn't exist the TLK fandom would be much simpler......
signature by Amyz! thanks!
SweetNala

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 7

Postby MrsTimon » October 2nd, 2011, 10:17 pm

I agree because you read so much about characters that don't even exsist in the movies, people are arguing on youtube naming Nala's father and most of the lion names mentioned are random lions I haven't heard of, it's confusing.
MrsTimon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby TheLionPrince » October 2nd, 2011, 10:28 pm

First off, you should have placed this forum in the "Beyond the Lion King" section. This is nothing about the film's content.

[quote="MrsTimon"]Some say Ni was her father and others name random lions but others are saying it's official that Mufasa or Scar is the father since it came from the directors mouth.[/quote]

Saying Ni is Nala's father is just fanfiction, but Ni was a character in The Lion King: Six New Adventures . And, the directors did say Mufasa or Scar could be her father, and I'll dicuss it with you on that at the bottom.

[quote="MrsTimon"]I'm not totally familar with the books, but I've read here they aren't official. I've read about some of the characters (Esp Chumvi) but a lot of names are being mentioned that I haven't heard of like a lion called Leo aswell as the possible father. I'm not sure if Leo was in the books or just fan fiction but is it official that Mufasa or Scar is the father of Nala or could it be anyone's guess? I'm interested in some of these lions that youtubers are naming, wish I could see pictures of them but then again I'm not sure which are from the books and which are complete fan fiction.[/quote]

Leo is also a character in TLK:Six New Adventures, but like Ni, he isn't Nala's official father, as well as Chumvi (but he's about as old as Nala). Now about Mufasa and Scar, based on this website, they didn't sound very sure of their answer. Brian Tiemann stated Rob Minkoff "sort of muttering into his sleeve" afterr confirming about who is Nala's father, which gives me the notion that he wasn't very confident in his answer. And, you can read about this characters on The Lion King Wiki. And I recommend you don't bother with the Youtubers and their videos. They are just using the book characters to post their fan theories. Read TLK Wiki about the books and their characters since the books are hard to get because they never been published since its release, and anything outside of that is complete fanfiction.

[quote="MrsTimon"]But if 'Kopa' isn't official as simba's cub then that would mean none of the book characters are official as Nala's dad which could only leave Mufasa or Scar..I'm confused lol :([/quote]

Kopa is still Simba's cub (only in the book universe), but he wasn't the cub held up at the end of The Lion King because the directors stated the cub was "Fluffy" on the audio commentary, and Kopa was never mentioned in The Lion King II when Kiara appears.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to The Characters