Sarabi+Scar=Kovu?

Sarabi+Scar=Kovu?

Postby Meskhenet » September 26th, 2012, 4:45 am

Do you think it's possible that Kovu can be the cub of Sarabi and Scar? I mean think about it. Kovu has ear rings and body build as Sarabi's but has Scar's fur, mane and eye color, and the same nose. I know this topic might seem unintelligent because the producers deleted the idea of Kovu being Scar's son but his "chosen one". But for some unknown reason the quirky idea came to my head. So what do think?
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Re: Sarabi+Scar=Kovu?

Postby Carl » September 26th, 2012, 4:52 am

Even if the producers had not said so, Kovu cannot be Scar's son because he is very close in age to Kiara and Vitani. If he was Scar's son, he would be older than Kiara, and would have been bigger when they first met. Keep in mind, everything was already green again by the time Kiara was born. Also, even though Scar was the King, I can't see Sarabi as the sort that would mate with him. She'd resist, and he wouldn't even bother to try I don't think.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » September 26th, 2012, 5:02 am

While we don't know Kovu's mother (we can assume that it's Zira because of Kovu interacts with Vitani, Nuka, and Zira herself), Nuka basically confirmed that Kovu is not Scar's son, and never lets anyone ever forget it.

So I doubt that Sarabi and Scar created Kovu, simply because Scar is not the father. As for Sarabi, I agree with Juliette: Sarabi is not the lioness to let Scar get close enough to her. Not after Mufasa's death, seeing that Scar and Mufasa are brothers - Sarabi doesn't know that Scar is the one responsible (not until right before Scar's death), but he will simply remind her too much of Mufasa for comfort.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SlayerOfLight » September 26th, 2012, 5:33 pm

[quote]Do you think it's possible that Kovu can be the cub of Sarabi and Scar?[/quote]

One word:

NO.

Anyone who has seen the TLK trilogy at least once, should know that.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Immortal Lioness » September 26th, 2012, 8:59 pm

What? No way! Sarabi is not the mother of Kovu. For one Scar has no cubs, because he stated he has poor genes and all he cared about was being the king. If that were true, Simba and Kovu would be cousins. In the end of the lion king 2, Kiara and Kovu get married making Kovu prince consort. Disney would not allow that. Sarabi is still devoted to Mufasa, even though he is dead. She loved him, she was still mourning. Also Sarabi is a mature lioness. Scar just used her to do the hunting for him and the hyenas, he wanted nothing to do with her emotionally/physically because she was the wife of Mufasa. The one thing he hated the most his brother, anything to do with him he wants nothing to do with. He probably didn't kill/exile Sarabi because well, it make the pride suspicious and Sarabi is no fret. Sarabi was just married to Mufasa the king making her queen consort.
Immortal Lioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby SlayerOfLight » September 26th, 2012, 9:56 pm

People make up the most stupid theories that often go beyond what the creators of TLK intended.
SlayerOfLight

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby FlipMode » September 27th, 2012, 12:13 am

[quote="Abigail Beatty"] I know this topic might seem unintelligent because the producers deleted the idea of Kovu being Scar's son but his "chosen one".[/quote]

Sorry, I do not understand this thread at all. You knowingly stated that the question asked in the thread title is in fact false and that it might seem unintelligent - and proceeded to post it anyway? What is there to discuss? You proved the theory wrong in the OP so all I have to say on the matter is...
I like ham.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » September 27th, 2012, 12:28 am

^ On the other hand, somehow, we found what to discuss, even if there was nothing to discuss. Amazing how many different ways there are to say 'no'.

Not to mention, it did get people talking about The Lion King. Silly topic or not, people did start discussing, even if we all agree that the answer is "no, Kovu is not the son of Sarabi and Scar," I still find it interesting to see why people say it cannot be.

So useless or not, I don't mind a bit.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby wolfishgirl » September 27th, 2012, 5:34 pm

[quote="Immortal Lioness"]What? No way! Sarabi is not the mother of Kovu. For one Scar has no cubs, because he stated he has poor genes and all he cared about was being the king. If that were true, Simba and Kovu would be cousins. In the end of the lion king 2, Kiara and Kovu get married making Kovu prince consort. Disney would not allow that. Sarabi is still devoted to Mufasa, even though he is dead. She loved him, she was still mourning. Also Sarabi is a mature lioness. Scar just used her to do the hunting for him and the hyenas, he wanted nothing to do with her emotionally/physically because she was the wife of Mufasa. The one thing he hated the most his brother, anything to do with him he wants nothing to do with. He probably didn't kill/exile Sarabi because well, it make the pride suspicious and Sarabi is no fret. Sarabi was just married to Mufasa the king making her queen consort.[/quote]

well you have to think of it this way, who was Sarfina's mate then? It has to be Mufasa or Scar, and i just can't see Nala as Scar's daughter. So if Nala is Mufasa's daughter ends up mated with her half brother... so really if you look into it that much it just seems wrong...
Spoiler: show
Married to vish

adopted daughter werewolfgrrly

adopted sister: unikels

adopted brother: Tora

Melonie's Aunt

Thank you Rogue and Sophie for the graphics.

friends list are in the spoiler, check out if you're good enough to be one. :D

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Warm in your belly!

Nickname(s): Wolfishgirl, Narm, Annoying girl, Alien, Angel...
Pride Points: 26

Postby TheRoguePrince » September 28th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Yeesh.... how did this happen? I can see the, well I guess I can't see, how anyone would think it was Scar and Sarabi that made Kovu. First off, we are quite explicitly told that Scar isn't Kovu's father, he was adopted. Sarabi on the other hand, though we are never told precisely, would probably never join Scar for anything, especially that. I am taken with the belief that Zira is in fact Kovu's mother, there is no reason in my mind to believe that she did not in fact mother him. The main point for all the mystery and missing parents is the effect it would have to need to name all those characters. We are talking about a lion pride here, and humanized or not, it would be difficult to explain loads of males running around fathering offspring in Mufasa's land, or even in Scar's. It must then be either accepted, or if you want to go with the nature documentary style ideal, trashed and proposed that TLK is the biggest incest story ever made. I don't want to believe that, so I will take the classic Disney move of leaving out what they believe are unimportant details. Sure, I would like to know who my favorite character's father was, as i'm sure many would, but I don't want to think of the alternative. *shivers*
TheRoguePrince

Next

Return to The Characters