Kiara and Simba...

Re: Kiara and Simba...

Postby AdAstrα » October 20th, 2012, 12:17 am

I will never understand why they even made Simba orange in the first place.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby FlipMode » October 20th, 2012, 12:21 am

[quote="AdAstra"]I will never understand why they even made Simba orange in the first place.[/quote]

He sure did go pretty Jersey Shore. Simba a strong believer in GTL.

[quote]The process of staying fresh and mint. Stands for "Gym, tan, laundry." Must be done everyday to achieve maximum potential. Side effects include fist pumping. Coined by the eloquent Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino from MTV's ground breaking Jersey Shore.
You gotta GTL everyday to make sure you're looking your best bro. If your shirt looks bad it makes the whole product look bad.[/quote]

So yeah, that is Simba, right there.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby PrincessKiara » October 28th, 2012, 2:27 am

At least on the DVD their colours are lighter than they were on the original VHS release (which has Kiara and others looking orange, Pumbaa purple, etc)

Anyway, I`m a big Kiara fan, let that be said... I find her cub design very appealing, she`s really cute! When it comes to her resembling Simba, I feel it mostly comes down to colour: She has the same fur colour and his eyes. I think the animators tried to make her into a girl version of Simba (in terms of design, that is)

I can`t see much of Nala at all in Kiara`s design.. neither cub nor adult.

So, yes, I think Kiara looks like Simba, but only because their colours are similar. And she`s got her father`s eyes.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Wolfy » October 28th, 2012, 6:36 pm

[quote]I can`t see much of Nala at all in Kiara`s design.. neither cub nor adult.[/quote]

I fully agree with this. I can't see anything of her mother in her at all. It's a shame really, because Nala has beautiful eyes and Kiara should have been given those at least. Because, in truth, she doesn't look like her mothers daughter at all. My opinion though! it is probably different for everyone.
Wolfy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hear Me Roar

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 2

Postby Kopalover » October 29th, 2012, 5:10 am

To me.
Kiara looks like she could belong to two seperate lions, unrelated to Simba and Nala.
Kiara isn't as elegant as Nala, not one bit. She's clumsy, and is a little chunkier too. Her face is a little too rounded at all edges, and make her look like a circle with ears. Nala, somehow, does not look like a circle with ears, but beautiful in a way. I think, much like everyone else on MLK thinks, that Kiara should've looked A LOT more like Nala. Blue eyes, lighter fur, anything wouldve helped.

Kiara has Simba's eyes. And apperantly, also his chunkie-Ness.
They're both kind of chunky, in a way. Simbas fattening is obvious to everyone here, but Kiara also gained some of the chunky. They gave her his pelt colour.. sure, if Simba was an orange. Kiara, is too orange..if they kept the same style as they had in the first movie, then Kiara would've been a golden colour like Simba. But no. I'm guessing, they changed Simba's colours, to match Kiara's.. Simba's mane too.. it looks like someone dyed streaks into his rich red one from TLK.

Just what I thought. It's late, and I don't sleep, so.. yeah ^^
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Previous

Return to The Characters