Kiara and Simba...

Kiara and Simba...

Postby DreamEater » September 30th, 2012, 4:49 am

Hey everyone, I think this might be my first topic here...

Anyway, this is a topic about Kiara.
Obviously, that's the title, let me get to the main point here. I want to point a few things out, share my opinions on things about her.

:innocent: This face...the best face in the entire movie.
She lookes just like her father when he smiles right at the same scene, which I thought was funny.

I just like the fact that Kiara looks like Simba, she has her father's face. 8-)
That smile right there, it proves it all!

Well, does anyone agree with me? Do they like the fact that Kiara looks like her father, Simba?
I have as strange, unexplainable liking for things like that, if you wanna know more about it just ask me.

Okay, guys. Fire away! (Mufasa's line to Zazu in TLK) :innocent: 8-)
Last edited by DreamEater on September 30th, 2012, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreamEater
HEY IT'S ALRIGHT

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

MY LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN A BED OF ROSES

Pride Points: 29

Re: Kiara...

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » September 30th, 2012, 4:51 am

She obviously took a lot from her father as her pelt almost matches his. Simba's is a rich gold while hers is an orange creamy color.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Re: Kiara and Simba...

Postby InsaneSeagull » September 30th, 2012, 6:42 am

I personally believe that Kiara was supposed to look like Simba, and she does, maybe even more than I'd like her to.

They are very similar color (ok, Simba is darker, but making lioness that dark would surely be strange), have colored paws, have the same colored nose, eyes (which I hate on Kiara, simply don't suit her)...

So, she definitely did take a lot from her father. It was definitely important to make her look more like Simba (don't ask me why). Nala was completely put aside. Kiara was even much closer to Simba. In fact, if I didn't watch the 1st movie I'd believe Nala was her older sister, or step-mother, or something like that :?
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby cleargreenwater » September 30th, 2012, 2:17 pm

See, on the other hand, I've always wondered just where the heck Kiara came from, LOL. She's orange! Simba was yellow, Mufasa was yellow, Nala is beige, Sarabi was dusky, Scar was red/sienna.....huh-wha, orange?

I do think they gave her Simba's face shape, though. Cub Simba actually has a really round/dome-shaped head with very domed, arched eye-circles and brows, and I do think they tried to purposefully draw from that in designing Kiara. Unfortunately without the scruffy hair tuft to break up the roundness and all over chunkier animation and drawing on all the characters, it just makes poor Kiara look either very young or make some strange, strange faces in other parts of the movie :lol:
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby DreamEater » September 30th, 2012, 5:59 pm

lol, poor Kiara...
I guess you're right about that, Kiara was originally going to have a scruff of hair on her head but they gave that to Vitani instead.

Actually, Kiara was originally supposed to look just like Nala at first, blue eyes, brownish fur.
But they got rid of that and made her look more like Simba.

And guys, she's not completely pure orange! That's just a graphic update, I think.
Like with Kovu and Scar's manes. Kovu's isn't dark brown, look at a black panther, it's fur is the same way.

I happen to be an animal expert so I know what I'm talking about here.
lol, alright guys, keep talking! :innocent: 8-)
DreamEater
HEY IT'S ALRIGHT

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

MY LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN A BED OF ROSES

Pride Points: 29

Postby SimbasGuard » October 6th, 2012, 6:49 am

Interesting, I always felt that Kiara looked more like Nala in her body structure, although she has Simba's eyes and markings. I've always seen Kiara's design as a very good artistic interpretation of what a cub born to Simba and Nala would actually look like. That being said the similarity between Simba and Kiara's smiling faces is something I had never noticed before.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheAmazingLionDuo » October 7th, 2012, 11:41 am

I like Kiara's design, I wish they had given her more of her mother's features though. Green eyes or anything minor wouldn't hurt.
~Your resident Outsider/villain fan!
TheAmazingLionDuo
Haha, fleas all around!

Poor Nuka!

Nickname(s): Sam
Pride Points: 1

Postby TwilightClover » October 18th, 2012, 11:35 am

Yeah I do kinda see that Kiara doesn't really resemble Nala at all. She does seem to have her fathers sort of figure, head shape and eye color. I guess her fur color is kind of a mix between Simba and Nala.
TwilightClover

Pride Points: 3

Postby ScarsLove » October 19th, 2012, 12:40 am

Kiara is a Simba clone. Nuff said :P

But in all seriousness, I've never really liked Kiara's design. She looks TO MUCH like her father in the movie. She could've atleast been given her mothers eyes or a lighter pelt complexion. Something that makes her look remotely like the daughter of both Nala and Simba and not just a clone.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby FlipMode » October 20th, 2012, 12:14 am

I don't really think she does look all that much like him tbh... If you asked who she looked like you would probably say Simba sure but there is still not that much. Probably just me, though.
Edit - Also just because they look alike in two, very small internet smilies, that also are close ups of their face only... That does not really constitute proof they look the same, just saian.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Next

Return to The Characters