Uru

Uru

Postby serra20 » December 5th, 2008, 5:55 pm

Notice: Here's a link to the Uru Article @ The Lion King Wiki. -- The Staff

Uru doesn't even appear in the all three movies,but she's still are my favorite charrie(except Simba).I knew how she looks only from fanarts.For me,she looks very beautiful and intersting charrie and I want to find out more about her.If someone from you know some facts about her,post it here.I'llbe very happy.That's all i can tell.
Bellow Uru's fanart by me(Exactly,it won't turn out like I wanted :ehh: ).
Attachments
UruFanArt.PNG
serra20
An old pride member

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watching over you

Nickname(s): Serra
Pride Points: 3

Re: Uru

Postby Moka » December 5th, 2008, 6:02 pm

I have been making a flash animation that compiles information on all known Lion King characters. Here's what I wrote for Uru's page in my flash animation:

[quote]Not much is known at all about Uru, mother of Mufasa and Scar. Not even what she looks like. She is never featured, only mentioned. Fans suggest she would have a coat similar to Scar, as to allow that darker coat gene to pass from Uru to Scar. Also suggested is that she would have had green and yellow eyes.

In A Tale Of Two Brothers, it is mentioned that Uru went to search for water, because the Pride Lands were suffering a terrible drought. Other than that, not much is known about Uru.

To the right is a beautiful drawing by Balaa. It is titled, "I Remember". Balaa describes the piece: "you will always be king of my heart."- There was a time when even the darkest of souls had light and laughter, when time hardly mattered and the future was still so far away. Monsters are not always born, they are not motherless bastard sons of the devil. No the most hideous of beasts are made by the moments in their lives when time stood still. These are the beasts that are prisoners of their own misfortune.. What is it in their last moments that they remember when time stands still once more.

http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Balaa/[/quote]

And attached is the image by Balaa. As for the flash animation: I should have it finished by the end of 2008.
Attachments
IRememberByBalaa.jpg
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby serra20 » December 5th, 2008, 6:05 pm

Wow...Thank you Moka.I really wanted to find out more about Uru cause she's my favorite charrie...
serra20
An old pride member

Watching over you

Postby Moka » December 5th, 2008, 9:35 pm

She's also in my fan fiction ^^

I'm writing it because Scar's history is fascinating to me, but not much is known about it.
Moka

Postby Simba » December 5th, 2008, 11:03 pm

Some show her with a black tail tuft, but I think she was actually the one who had the red coloration that Mufasa and Simba got since Ahadi was described having a black mane. in "The Brightest Star" about Mohatu, there is a brown semi-Scarish lion with a reddish mane that is believed to be a possible father for Uru.

and I think when she went looking for water it was the lake she found? I don't remember...it might've been a fan-assumed thing that she found the waterhole since I never read the 6 New Adventures books.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby Moka » December 6th, 2008, 5:03 am

I can't recall what she found. Someone should make a topic for Ahadi, too. I wrote up some information on him as well. Never saw The Brightest Star. :sad:
Moka

Postby Simba » December 6th, 2008, 7:30 pm

Yep, she discovered a lake at the western edge of the Pridelands. I did Ahadi ;)

I never actually got to see the book either. DJ Coulz uploaded scans of it on her website. you can read it here http://djcoulz.com/Comic%20Pages.htm along with pretty much all the comics and books.
Simba

[inactive account]

Postby serra20 » December 7th, 2008, 4:45 pm

I'm glad you're interested in Uru. 8-)
serra20
An old pride member

Watching over you

Postby Simba » February 26th, 2009, 9:12 pm

just because it isn't mentioned, Uru is Swahili for "diamonds"
Simba

[inactive account]

Postby Tanabi » February 26th, 2009, 9:24 pm

Up until now I've only ever heard of Uru one and that was from someones art I saw once (I found a strange fan fiction once too, it was about Mufasa and Scar but it turned out to be some kind of alternate story thing, Ahadi and Uru weren't mentioned as their parents. their father was a war hero though.).

It would be interesting if they put a back story about Ahadi, Uru, Mufasa and Scar in the blu-ray version for the first lion king. It would be a great add on and probably help increase the sales of the dvds.
The past is a gaping hole. You try to run from it, but the more you run, the deeper it grows behind you, its edges yawning at your heels. Your only chance is to turn around and face it. But it's like looking down into the grave of your love, or kissing the mouth of a gun, a bullet trembling in its dark nest, ready to blow your head off.
Tanabi

Remember who you are.

Pride Points: 0

Next

Return to The Characters