Postby Simba the Cub » April 7th, 2013, 4:34 am

Who do you think is better?

Scar or Zira?
-

"Everything the light touches."
- Quote by Simba from The Lion King .

. . .
Simba the Cub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Scar or Zira?

Postby TheLionPrince » April 7th, 2013, 7:40 pm

Well, let's see...

Scar was willing and able to murder his own, close family members including his own nephew, and he traumatized him for life by stating he was responsible for his father's death. To add more fuel to the fire, he attempted to kill with his nephew twice (as a child and as an adult). There's a reason why Scar is called Scar, and it's more than just the scar over his eye. It's because he is the scar to Simba's life, and unlike the scars that heal after in a couple of weeks, the scar on his nephew's life continued for years and years. And even after death, his impact on Simba's life still lives on as depicted in his nightmare. Back to the movie, he reigns on high as an evil king for a number of years, and intends to let the pride starve to death. Anyway, for all we know Scar is a narcissist (remember when he sings he wishes to be "Respected, saluted. And seen for the wonder I am"), and filled with bitterness, greed, and jealousy.

Zira was bloodthirsty, but she hadn't really accomplished much of anything evil after she was exiled. This wrongful exile and Simba killing her obsessive love interest, Scar, sends her into devising a murderous plan for which she robs her own son of his childhood by training him into committing regicide. In the end, she too is shown to be willing to kill another of her children, and resisted help when she needed it the most. Anyway, I am more incline to believe her insanity and hatefulness of anything Pridelander-ish deepened throughout the years.

Much like Zira, Scar's character is not given much of a backstory. So, it is left to the audiences to believe he was second-in-line for the throne, only to be push third-in-line. In the end, Scar accomplished more evil acts than Zira ever did. Zira wasn't a child murderer, and didn't commit any evil acts for greed and jealousy but for revenge, as in she had more of "justification" even though she didn't get much done with her master plan. Also take note, her emotional impact on Kovu's life wasn't as severe as Scar's impact on Simba's life because Kovu has nothing to be guilty of unlike Simba.

So, in my opinion, Scar is better.
Last edited by TheLionPrince on April 8th, 2013, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby DGFone » April 7th, 2013, 9:59 pm

I'm just going to summarize what TheLionPrince wrote without actually reading it (yet).

Scar had his own personal motives for becoming the villain. He wanted to be king, and in order to do that, he needed to use unethical tactics. So he became evil. And he actually went through and did things.

Zira... no one really knows why she hates Simba and wants to kill him with all her power. She hates him, he banished her, yadayada... At the end of the day, we know what happened, but never why. And because we don't know any of this, the answer to "does Zira have good motives for being the villain?" Not really.

Scar wins hands down.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby MooLion » April 8th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Scar is an all 'round better character - appearance, intentions, speech, gestures, and so on - far more interesting than Zira.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Lubaya » April 9th, 2013, 2:23 am

Well... Tough choice.

Scar is awesome. And I love the song he sang Be Prepared

Zira is a huge fan of Scar..and failed her attempt to kill any King.

So my final answer is..... :evil:
Lubaya
"young lioness"

It's a small world after all

Pride Points: 2

Postby nalasimba83 » April 11th, 2013, 10:44 pm

Well, both are very evil and super weird. But hands down, Scar. Zira is evil, mean, and jealous. You might be thinking,"yeah right, like Scar isn't!" Of course he is, but Zira creeps me out. I got a chance to see her in the second movie which I thought was pretty awesome. So if you guys agree with me, Your totally right! Oh and I just want to say im new here, so please feel free to add me as a friend.

All signatures created by me :3
Itachi and Gin forever!
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Postby simbafan83 » April 25th, 2013, 1:51 pm

i would have to agree with nalasimba83, guys, hands down, scar and zira act like three year olds, and are extremely jealous of simba, you guys maybe thinking
"dude, why would scar do a bunch of dumb things that dont make any sense, and then, the same thing with zira when kovu wants to talk to kiara"
scar and zira are really annoying to others and it isnt cool :(

so please feel free to comment :)

Spoiler: show

simbafan83

Nickname(s): simbafan83,simba,baridi, simbafan,lkredwallfan
Pride Points: 3

Postby Titanics Captain » June 28th, 2013, 4:49 am

I wish there was a poll. I like polls :P :D I like scar.

Titanics Captain
Welcome Aboard

Oh [censored], an iceburg!

Nickname(s): Titanics Captain
Pride Points: 5

Postby LionessJhr13 » July 17th, 2013, 7:01 am

Scar is definitely the better villain, Zira is just crazy and confused; and nothing about her is clear, unlike Scar; who's place in the plot is very clear. Scar has motive for all the evil things he does, while Zira is getting revenge for someone who took over the pride, let the hyenas in to torture the lionesses & their young and nearly starved everyone... Scar wins. :evil: :evilzira:
LionessJhr was here!
LionessJhr13

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm my local TLK encyclopedia.

Nickname(s): LionessJhr
Pride Points: 1

Postby juhouh » August 29th, 2013, 7:43 pm

I like both but Scar is my favorite. I like Zira's aggression it's something that I've been taught too :D

"Meillä ei säikytä, meillä ei surra!"
- "ISKE JA MURRA!!!"
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Next

Return to The Characters