'King' Joe

Re: 'King' Joe

Postby KopsTheTerminator » October 3rd, 2010, 7:15 am

King Good-Fighter? lol, King Joe sounds better, at least it has an actual name.. But thanks for the find! I might give him my own name that means ''good fighter'' or something.. :hmm:
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheDoctor » October 10th, 2010, 4:53 pm

[quote="Akril"]Just jumping in for a moment here to add a little something to King Joe's topic...

I think King Joe's name comes from the Norwegian version of his comic.[/quote]
The English version of the comic that is floating around on the Internet (the only translation I've ever seen anyway) is translated from a Swedish magazine, so it comes from the Swedish version. I wouldn't be surprised if the Swedish version originally came from the Norwegian one though xD

[quote="Akril"]However, in the German version of the comic, he calls himself "König Gutus Kämpfus". "König" means king, but "Gutus Kämpfus" doesn't mean anything. However, TheIvanMuse said that it's probably a warped version of "Guter Kämpfer", which means "Good Fighter". So apparently King Joe's other name is "King Good-Fighter". : /[/quote]
That's pretty amusing, actually :lol: Sounds like a typical cartoon name that he would've made up on the spot, so we will probably never know what his real name is. I wonder how many translations there are of the comic and then if "Joe" has different names in each one...

Anyhow, another thing I think is fun about this comic is that we hear more snippets of the Pride Lands history from the two chatty "parrots" (or whatever they are) who study the Great Kings :P Apparently while Mufasa's real great-great-great-grandfather ruled, the hyenas tried to conquer the Pride Lands and there was a great earthquake. He also discovered the elephant graveyard and had three sons. Busy king that one xD

TheDoctor
Time Lord

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby Exposé » November 4th, 2010, 11:34 pm

He should have been in the movie! :)
Exposé

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): The bearer of bad news
Pride Points: 0

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » February 5th, 2011, 7:48 pm

lol, King Joe is weird.
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby Pixie » February 10th, 2011, 3:06 am

I think King Joe and the Selfish lion from "The Brightest Star" are the same lion...
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » February 12th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Not a chance. They could be related though...
SummerSnowLeopard

Postby Pixie » February 16th, 2011, 6:58 am

Why not a chance? I'm not saying he definately is or anything, but it makes sense to me.
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » February 16th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Well, the Selfish Lion was years before Simba was born. I don't think its likely.
SummerSnowLeopard

Postby Pixie » February 18th, 2011, 2:47 am

Well he looks pretty old in 6NA. I'm just saying that they look like similar lions, and people could theorize that they are the same. I mean, King Joe is pretty selfish aswell, so one could say that they are the same lion.
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » February 18th, 2011, 4:00 am

I get your point. But I don't think that they are the same lion.
SummerSnowLeopard

Previous

Return to The Characters