twins??

twins??

Postby Yumacub » October 23rd, 2009, 8:33 pm

Ok so I found these two very similar lioness in TLK2SP and they sort of both look like Sarafina.

See how Nala is sort-of looking at the lioness? The lioness is even smiling proudly. The lioness next to her has her head lowered and the exact same colors as the proud lioness.

2nd image:

They even have the same toe coloring as their main fur!
Yumacub
Queen of the Wildlands~

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Love is what it's all about! <3

Nickname(s): Yumi Yuma YC
Pride Points: 8

Re: twins??

Postby KopsTheTerminator » October 23rd, 2009, 9:25 pm

They're probably some random lionesses with the same colouring. Maybe the artist got bored and thought ''Nah, this is the end of the movie, and nobody would notice anyways.'' This happens a lot in the final battle too.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilverSimba01 » October 23rd, 2009, 9:42 pm

I don't think that they are twins, I think that the animator just didn't want to spen too much time doing the details
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Panda-chan » October 23rd, 2009, 9:59 pm

Nala's looking at Simba, not the lioness. :P
Anyway, there are many "twins" in the second movie. Disney just didn't bother to use a bit of creativity when designing them lol
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby PrincessKiara » October 23rd, 2009, 10:02 pm

I think that lioness might be Sarafina. When Simba and Nala pass this particular lioness, it looks like they both nod at her, and she also looks at them longer before bowing, not like the others, who bow straight away as Simba and Nala pass.

That’s just my thoughts, though... :innocent:

I don’t think there are any twin lionesses in the pride. The animators just made them all look alike, they’re a faceless mass with no real character or personality, they’re like extras in the movie.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby CommandoTheLion » October 24th, 2009, 3:47 pm

its just one of the Lionesses from Simba's pride ^^
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Pride Points: 0

Postby Akril » October 25th, 2009, 12:28 am

I doubt that the lioness on the right is Sarafina. Her color scheme and overall design are different than Sarafina's -- her eyes don't look green (or blue), and the coloring both above and below her eyes is darker than the fur on her muzzle and belly (even though they are slightly different shades). Here's an image of Sarafina to compare her to: http://www.mylionking.com/resources/sit ... ab_176.jpg

But yeah, she is pretty much identical to the lioness beside her. Not only that, but the only other lioness I've seen with darker fur under the eyes that doesn't match the fur over the eyes is Kiara. Interesting.

EDIT: removed the "like Vitani and the other Outsiders" aside since it undermined the meaning of the sentence it was in.
Last edited by Akril on November 5th, 2009, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akril

Pride Points: 22

Postby LadyAnette » October 25th, 2009, 12:37 am

They almost look purple like. Sarafina, on the other hand (or paw XD), has more of a creamy color. So she couldn't possibly be Sarafina. It is kinda weird tho :eyebrow5:
LadyAnette

Pride Points: 1

Postby XxXwhyshouldicareXxX » November 5th, 2009, 6:54 am

Yeah, it wouldn't be the first, or the second, time that Disney artists have gotten lazy when designing the lionesses. Just check out the fight scene from the first movie. Some of them change color completely. I can't figure out why... :?
XxXwhyshouldicareXxX

We are the change we wish to see-Within Temptation

Pride Points: 0

Postby LionKing4EVR96 » November 6th, 2010, 4:14 pm

Just Disney making a time and money-saving effort.
LionKing4EVR96

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Krys, Luigi
Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to The Characters