Mohatu

Mohatu

Postby Moka » February 6th, 2009, 2:50 am

Notice: Here's a link to the Mohatu Article @ The Lion King Wiki. -- The Staff

Quoted from my Flash TLK Character Collection Booklet...
[quote]Mohatu, Simba's great grandfather, appears only in the cassette book, "The Brightest Star", in which Mufasa tells Simba a story about him.

Mohatu's star is told to be the brightest star in the sky, and Mufasa describes him as a wise and gentle King. Mohatu was the ruler during a terrible drought that had gripped the Pride Lands. Mohatu made a law about how much each animal could drink. Lions were to go the water hole last, as they could survive a relatively long time without water. This worked well until a selfish lion drank more than he was allowed. Mohatu, outraged at this, set off to find a new water hole that the animals could share.

After a while he came to a large river where he found a crocodile sobbing. The crocodile was lonely and wanted some friends, but the other animals were afraid of him, because he once bit Hippo's tail. Mohatu said he would help the crocodile gain the trust of the other animals again. As Mohatu left the river, he bumped into a hippopotamus. Hippo said that she did not go to the river because he was scared of Crocodile. Mohatu walked further until he came to a wildebeest. The Wildebeest did not go to the river because he was scared of Hippo. Mohatu then came across a zebra. Zebra did not go to the river because Wildebeest did not go.

After Mohatu returned to the Pride Lands, he realized that of all the animals needed to trust each other so that they could all use the Great River. He then made the animals help one another, and soon all the animals became good friends and shared the water peacefully. The drought problem was solved.

Many years passed by under Mohatu's kind and gentle rule until Mohatu's death one winter's eve. The animals grieved heavily and began fighting again. Just as they thought that there would never be peace again, a mysterious star appeared in the sky. The star was bigger and brighter than any other star. It filled the animals with peace and harmony and the fighting ceased, as they knew that the star was the spirit of their king.[/quote]
Attachments
mohatu.jpg
The only "real" picture of Mohatu
mohatu.jpg (9.75 KiB) Viewed 3564 times
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Mohatu

Postby Schindler » February 6th, 2009, 2:59 am

Sounds like a great character. Thanks for the info :)!
That drawing by Tsamu rocks.
Schindler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

soñando a estar vivo

Pride Points: 0

Postby Panda-chan » February 7th, 2009, 6:48 am

He looks a lot like Mufasa. Nice info!
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby serra20 » February 7th, 2009, 4:30 pm

There's no better characters than Past Kings:Ahadi,Uru and Mohatu.He rocks!
serra20
An old pride member

Watching over you

Nickname(s): Serra
Pride Points: 3

Postby Zeke » February 7th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Sounds like a good dude. The drawing on the bottom is totally awesome.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Postby PrincessKiara » May 19th, 2009, 7:24 am

I love Mohatus colours, why can’t more lions have that shade of brown?
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby PrincessKiara » May 26th, 2009, 10:59 pm

It’s really a shame that Mohatus mate/Queen is completly unknown. She is not mentioned or depicted anywhere in the story. Come on, Disney writers! You could have managed to squeeze her in somewhere! :x
PrincessKiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CheetahCat » May 26th, 2009, 11:10 pm

Mohatu definitely sounds like a great king and possibly the best by far in my opinion. He's the one who started the Great Circle of Life. :) I also agree with PrincessKiara, I wanna see more lions similar with Mohatu's colors! That would be really cool. ^^
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby SimbaStar » May 27th, 2009, 8:45 pm

Is that Mohatu? :)
SimbaStar

My Only Simba Pride

Pride Points: 0

Postby PrincessKiara » May 28th, 2009, 9:54 pm

Here is another pic of Mohatu, a head shot:

http://fanart.lionking.org/wiki/images/ ... d_Shot.jpg
PrincessKiara

Next

Return to The Characters