Kiara

Re: Kiara

Postby cleargreenwater » February 15th, 2012, 3:43 pm

[quote="LeopardessGracie"][quote="cleargreenwater"]
As a matter of fact, I think my personal TLK universe just entirely shifted. They DO leave afterwards (which really isn't a stretch, Kiara spends the movie whining about not wanting to be a princess and Kovu wasn't raised for any kind of constructive existence, he was the one who wanted to run away in the first place and I think after a couple months being smothered by a happy family pressuring him into being a head of state he'd really be having some trauma,) and clean the slate![/quote]

I think you've got a good point there ^-^ I may just think about that. Kiara didn't seem like she wanted to be Queen, and I'm not sure whether she would of been a good one.[/quote]

I just like the idea of Kopa better, lol. It DOES sound really really possible though, I can see it happening.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Harvs » February 15th, 2012, 9:23 pm

[quote="Saffyminty"]^Hmm previous comment was a little harsh toward Kiara!^ I understand that your opinion differs from mine, which is fine! But I just want to say...
We did not get to see as much fights or serious stuff with Kiara as a cub as we did with Simba. With Simba we saw first the hyenas in the graveyard, then the stampede then him running from the hyenas again just after he saw his father get killed. Okay right! :P And all we saw with Kiara is the crocodile scene. And personally I think she did pretty well. She did save Kovu and not just leave him to save herself or anything! And I guess it was such a big deal after she just met Kovu, because she had been shielded for so long she had never got a chance to have that kind of adventure and meet a new lion. It would've been exciting. And maybe she's just a flirt!! It is always interesting to meet a new, nice and pretty good looking guy for the first time. Especially just after you escaped a near death situation :nod:
I guess with the other things, everybody has their bad traits so maybe that was just her inner fire showing through. She seems to be the kind of girl that knows what she wants and is very determined. So she probably thought that she didn't need saving from Kovu or to be stalked by Timon and Pumbaa 24 7. And you must admit Simba was quite mean to Kovu. And Kiara just watched her father exile her boyfriend even though he didn't give him a chance to explain what had just happened so of course she would be mad!
And obviously she wanted Kovu to go back. The families had to be made right. I mean wouldn't everybody hate her more if she just took Kovu and ran away with him. All her family was back there. She probably ran away from home to find him again! Not to run away with him and then decide to go back.
She leaped at Zira because Zira went for Simba and Kiara pounced at her to save him.
Oh well I think Kiara is a lovely, exciting and kind lioness . I think she makes a great princess and a wonderful character. Yay!
But that's just my thoughts :kiarabutterfly:[/quote]

I understand the differences in our opinions. To be honest, that's why I said everything I did. That stuff does bother me, but I mostly wanted to hear someone defend her. I love hearing other people's ideas on things I don't like. I like hearing them defend something I despise. And you did a very good job on defending Kiara. My last point wasn't really a point though, that was just me speculating. Don't you think it would have been so much better, emotional, and plot constructive if Kovu had fought of Zira? :think: Well, there's some brain food for ya.

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

Postby Awali » February 15th, 2012, 9:31 pm

[quote="PinkiePie"]-- Don't you think it would have been so much better, emotional, and plot constructive if Kovu had fought of Zira? :think: Well, there's some brain food for ya.[/quote]

Come to think of it, this would be a really nice ending to it, rather than Kiara. :zira-approve:

We press play, don't press pause.
Progress, march on.
With the veil over our eyes,
we turn our back on the cause.
'Till the day that my uncles can be united by law,
when kids are walking 'round the hallway plagued by pain in their heart.
A world so hateful some would rather die than be who they are.
And a certificate on paper isn't gonna solve it all,
but it's a good place to start.
Awali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Awali, Rj.

Postby Harvs » February 15th, 2012, 9:34 pm

[quote="OriginalLelis"][quote="PinkiePie"]-- Don't you think it would have been so much better, emotional, and plot constructive if Kovu had fought of Zira? :think: Well, there's some brain food for ya.[/quote]

Come to think of it, this would be a really nice ending to it, rather than Kiara. :zira-approve:[/quote]

Exactly. Kiara didn't even really fight. She more or less just tumbled down a cliff and then tried to help her anyways... Sorry Saffy, but that is pretty fail on Kiara's part.

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

Postby Saffyminty » February 16th, 2012, 8:27 am

[quote="PinkiePie"]Exactly. Kiara didn't even really fight. She more or less just tumbled down a cliff and then tried to help her anyways... Sorry Saffy, but that is pretty fail on Kiara's part.[/quote]

Nahh that's all good it was a bit of a fail!!! :huh4: Yes it would have been good if Kovu fought Zira :evil2: They seemed to really rush the ending of SP. I wish it could've gone for longer.
So Kiara did jump at Zira to protect Simba but she wouldn't of let her fall to her death without trying to help. That's not Kiara's style!! :teehee: So yes it would've been pretty cool if Kovu and Zira fought!
Signature made by Sophiecub!!!
:mhm: :testify: :superexcited:
Lovely LIONESSES!!!
"If there's so much I must be
Can I still just be me
The way I am?"-Kiara
Saffyminty
Is really a Lioness

Live, Love, Laugh

Nickname(s): Rani
Pride Points: 6

Postby Saffyminty » February 18th, 2012, 11:46 pm

[quote="cleargreenwater"]PinkiePie, I entirely agree. 100%.

[quote="Saffyminty"]I mean wouldn't everybody hate her more if she just took Kovu and ran away with him. [/quote]

I wouldn't, woulda been the best thing that could've happened! Leave the option of clearing away the whole movie & starting over again :P[/quote]

Really!?? Well Kiara certainly has a lot of haters!!
Signature made by Sophiecub!!!
:mhm: :testify: :superexcited:
Lovely LIONESSES!!!
"If there's so much I must be
Can I still just be me
The way I am?"-Kiara
Saffyminty
Is really a Lioness

Live, Love, Laugh

Nickname(s): Rani
Pride Points: 6

Postby Sammi » May 10th, 2012, 5:20 pm

I love Kiara's determination. She never gave up when it came to resolving matters between the two prides.
Sammi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Mooi » May 12th, 2012, 4:14 pm

i like Kiara. Kiara is Cute!! 8-)
MOOI!!!
Mooi

Nickname(s): Mooi
Pride Points: 1

Postby PrincessKiara » June 4th, 2012, 5:31 pm

[quote="OriginalLelis"][quote="PinkiePie"]-- Don't you think it would have been so much better, emotional, and plot constructive if Kovu had fought of Zira? :think: Well, there's some brain food for ya.[/quote]

Come to think of it, this would be a really nice ending to it, rather than Kiara. :zira-approve:[/quote]

That would have been interesting, but personally I can`t imagine Kovu attacking his own mother. In any case, Kiara fighting off Zira makes a lot of sense, considering she was defending her father.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Kitty » July 30th, 2012, 9:54 pm

Kiara is among one of my favourite characters x3 I love her personality, she's cute, and I like her character design/appearance (as a kid, I could relate to her because out of all TLK characters, she was the one I looked the most like lol!), I also like her facial expressions, especially as a cub.

Banner by SophieCub :3
Kitty

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 4

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters